Milking going well!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by allenslabs, Apr 4, 2005.

1. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Last month I had posted a question as to how to train your goat to milk. Well now my Nanny is a pro! I go out there and she runs onto her stand and is ready for her feed! She even cocks her hips so I can reach her better. She is a good girl and I was very blessed to get her. She has made milking a pleasure. I am getting another goat this month also. She is a nubian and is due to have nubian babies! I can't wait to see them! The sire was registered so it'll be 1/2 registered and could be ROA if I wanted to but don't really see the point. I'll probably be selling the babies once they're born but don't know.

Anyway just wanted to share that it is possible to get a goat trained that is not used to it and that I'm glad I stuck w/ it as I just love my little white goat!!

2. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

I understand your joy! When I got my first two milk goats in '91, they were a horror to milk. They were two cantankerous Nubians with aweful horns. I was a newbie and had a lot to learn. It was frustrating for everybody. Then last year I purchased two goats that had been trained to be milkers from day one. They LOVE to be milked and it is a pure pleasure. They pleasantly hop up on the stand, don't even need to be restrained and position themselves over the bucket. They love being relieved of their heavy load. They have sweet dispositions and I reward them with a slice of apple when their duty is complete and they come around the corner correctly out of the milking area. They have it down pat. They remember the routine perfectly from last milking season too as if they never missed a day. I just love my LaManchas.

3. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

congrats, yes a complete novice can getit right once in while :D
    you did good she did good, good luck with the next one !! keep it up keep us posted !
    :highfive:

4. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder