Milking goats in SW Ontario?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by pookshollow, Oct 1, 2005.

1. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Hi,
    I live in Cambridge, Ontario. I know most people on here are from the US, but I would like to find a milking doe for sale in SW Ontario. I have two Nigerians, one of whom just kidded last week, but I really doubt that the other one is even pregnant (and they were both running with the buck all spring - sigh). One is not going to produce enough milk for our household, so I'd really like to find a doe that's milking now.

I have two doelings, about 5 (Alpine) and 6 (Nigerian cross) months old, so it's going to be quite a while before I'm getting milk from them (no, they're not bred yet!)

I'm not real fussy on breed, but Alpine or Nigerian would be my first choice.

2. gryndlgoat

gryndlgoat Well-Known Member

Howdy neighbor (almost)
    I live south of Hamilton. There is a country fair in Simcoe this coming week - the goat show is Tues Oct 4 at 10 am. There are signs for the fairgrounds on the main street- really easy to find. You might want to show up there to meet goat breeders from the area who might be able to help you out with a milking doe.

3. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Hi!
    I know the Simcoe Fair, showed my horse there years ago. Unfortunately, I will be at work at 10am on Tuesday. :mad: However, I see that Rockton Fair also has a goat show - on Sunday, and that's just down the road (and we're going to Stoney Creek for Thanksgiving dinner with my folks) so I think we'll pop in there.

I lived in Hamilton for 18 years, and my little Alpine doeling came from Dunnville :)