Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a delaval milker system. I am haveing trouble with the cups letting go of teats after done milking. I have even disconnected pump and still hard to get cups off. Worked good until 2 weeks ago. Suggestions?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
What kind of milker claw do you have? It should have a vacuum shut-off on the bottom of the bowl unless it's a REALLY old one, if that isn't shutting off the vacuum then there's probably something inside the bowl that's jamming it. If there's no shut-off, fold the milk hose in two to take the milker off.

Are you sure the pulsator is working right? Stick your finger in one of the cups and see if it's working.

Are your cows teats enlarged for some reason?

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Is the small hole in the claw open?
If not it will keep the vacuum in the claw.
can't remember the size drill bit we used to keep them clean but unless it's abnormally fouled, taking the claw apart and going over it with a stiff brush and good cleaner will usually clear it up.

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
I also vote for the small hole in the claw being clogged. I use a piece of guitar string to poke the crud out of those teeny little holes. Probably is time to take that claw apart and clean the heck out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts