milk stand

Discussion in 'Goats' started by mberryrfd, Aug 11, 2006.

1. mberryrfd

mberryrfd Well-Known Member

Our Alpine is due to kid in a few weeks. Does anyone have pics and or plans for milkingstand?
    Thisd is her first time to kid in several years so we are hoping to milk her if she lets us.She isnt the nicest goat in the barn

2. Faithful Heart

Faithful Heart Well-Known Member

3. MilfordFarm

MilfordFarm Member

We have a great milking stantion...but you would need to be able to weld....if you can, or know of someone who wouldnt mind spending a few hours welding for you... I could get a few pics and measurements of ours for you...

as for the goat not being friendly our Nubian "Angel" huh angel my bottom...we cal her "naughty goat" or "Nonnie" for short was pretty bad for about a week...but soon they learn that they get grain when they are milked and they run to the stand....We left her with the kids for about two and a half months before we milked her then we seperated her during the day and milked her only at night, now they are weaned and I milk her twice a day...she is awsome about being milked, she is even being pretty good about going back to the herd....

Oh and she had triplets....that was a surprise....good luck with your kids!!!!

4. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

I second the fiasco farm plans. They're WONDERFUL. I don't know how I got along with goat owning without it!! The cool thing is if you ever need to restrain a goat with horns, this stand can accomidate horned goats easily. My dad said the plans were'nt all that hard to follow, and putting it togeather was easy. He built mine for my 16th birthday. :)