Milk Fever Prevention

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Reformed_Farmer, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Reformed_Farmer

Reformed_Farmer Member

I'm not much for "magic powders and additives" but this one works. IBA sells a product called Rejuvenate. It is a powder that you mix with 5 gals of warm water. Its sweet tasting and most cows go nuts over it and suck it down faster than you can pour it out. I mix it in a pail and dump it in a rubber tub. It works best to get it to them as soon as they calve....the quicker the better. I have never had to give a bottle of Cal to a cow that drank it. Even those Fat Jerseys that look like they will need 2 or 3 bottles for sure......never miss a beat. We have a few cow families that are very prown to get milk fever. This stuff saves the day. It has dried whey for a base. It has Cal, Phos, DFM, Niacin and a bunch of Vits and Mins. I never thought it would work, but I won't be without now.

Scott

2. myersfarm

myersfarm Dariy Calf Raiser

sounds great just what i might need i did try a google search on it and didn't fine anything could you post the maker so i could buy some or a possibly a link thanks john

3. Reformed_Farmer

Reformed_Farmer Member

Its made by IBA and you have to buy it from one of their dealers. We have an IBA truck stop by once a month. I can get phone # off of a pail tomorrow and post it, then you can call and see if there is a dealer in your area. I couldn't find a website.

4. Reformed_Farmer

Reformed_Farmer Member

Well, the only thing on any of there stuff is an address for the main headquarters. Best bet is to stop by the nearest dairy farm and ask them if the truck stops there. See if they will get you some.

Scott