military blessing

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by tyusclan, Jan 9, 2007.

1. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

One of our girls broke her foot yesterday and I had to take her to an ortho. today for cast. (Our local hosp. doesn't have an ortho. doc.)Needless to say the last 2 days have been a little hectic. After we left I went by the local Krispy Kreme to get a dozen glazed donuts for the "clan".
    While I was waiting on my decaf coffee to get ready a guy standing by me (who was also waiting on the decaf) started talking with me. I stated to the sales lady I was taking a treat home to the kids. Before I knew what was happening this guy bought the coffee and donuts for us. It was then I noticed his military t-shirt for Fort Eustis, (which I found out is in VA). He was in the area for some training. I thanked him and he stated that he appreciated our tax dollars paying his salary. This guy was so pleasant, and no he wasn't hitting on me. He was truly proud to be serving his country and was glad to be able to purchase this for our family. He didn't know how large our family was or that money has been tight lately and that those donuts were a splurge treat for the kids.
    With all the anti-war and military talk lately it was such a pleasure to be blessed in this way by someone willing to serve America. His name was Paul and if any here wouldn't mind I would like for you to say a prayer of blessing and protection for this man. It was an honor to meet him. Tyusclan momma

2. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

How coolie--I know it lifted your tired spirits! Bravo, Paul *salutes*

~~

3. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Thank you Paul, wherever you are. You will never know how much people needed to see that. God Bless you in your service. And I thank you for it.

4. Old Vet

Old Vet In Remembrance

A lot of the military people are like that if you know one. :cool:

5. Trixie

Trixie Well-Known Member

That is sweet. I haven't heard any anti-military talk, though - just anti-war. There is a big difference.

So while we might not like the war, we do love all our soldiers.

I

6. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Whew I was concerned there for a moment...my first thought being that "military blessing" might be an oxymoron. Actually, I think what happened was you had an encounter with a very nice person who just happened to be in the military.

Before I get flamed, I very much respect and admire people in the armed forces, and I understand that the discipline of military training builts confidence, and self-confidence makes it easier for people to be kind and thoughtful to others.

Hugs
    marlene

7. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

this is why i dont join in the war bashing, i feel that for me to do so would somehow belittle those who are fighting, and dying, for a cause they believe in.
    prayers for Paul, and a thank you from a great-grandmother