midnight breeding...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Oct 25, 2004.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

well tonight my doe brandy who is supposed to be 4 months pregnent came into a riproaring heat . So I just got done taking a shower after for about 15 minutes I helped my yearling buck breed Brandy :no: . He finally got down to busness after the first 5 minutes...then after he bred her a couple of times(like 10! ) he came up to me and leaned against me as if to say.."well mom I did my work now what do I get for it?" And he also looked at me right before I put him back in his pen for the night like "Did I do good mom?"...he is such a lover!!! He is sooo sweet! I just hope he got my girl..I didn't leave them alone for the night because I didn't want her to scare the living sh** out of my buck.... Just had to tell everybody about my midnight breeding :haha: :no: . I think his first 2 or 3 tries he ejaculated everywhere but in the doe :rolleyes: :eek: :no: :haha: (including a bit on me ).

MotherClucker

2. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fun night :haha: If she is still standing you might want to rebreed them this AM just to make sure.

3. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

What kind of doe is Brandy? I have a doe that pulled a similar "stunt" with me. I have raised goats on and off for decades and I misdiagnosed her pregnacy. On top of that embarrassment, i worked as a Labor and Delivery nurse (RN) for years delivering human babies. But i had a goat really fool me this year. She showed many signs and symptoms of pregnacy, developing a larger and larger belly on the right side in particular, I quit milking her as I had bought her as a milker not knowing if she may have been accidently bred (the previous owner had 60 goats). Her bag never went down. When she stood up to browse tree leaves, her belly had the unmistakeable preggo look. She looked very different from any other doe I had and they all ate the same. However, she was a cross between three breeds and perhaps she just had a different way of carrying her weight. She, too, suddenly went into rip-roaring heat a few weeks ago about the time i was getting her own private place ready for her to kid! She was having mucous discharge inconsistant with heat periods prior to that. So i just let my little buck have at it and she was in standing heat. Oh well, what a dummie I am. This doe is large, she is 1/2 Lamancha, 1/4 Nubian and 1/4 Boer. I felt quite foolish actually.

4. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

eeeEWWW!!! :haha: :eek: :haha: :worship:

5. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Yea eww is right. My doe is a La Mancha/Oberhasli cross. And dang she fooled me!

MotherClucker

6. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

I had one fool me last year, she was for sure preggers, well guess again. she wasn't just fat. SO now, I am putting her in with the buck. I have twice already, and if she comes back into heat I wll again. she has had babies, first time she had three. now to just get her rebred. I know the buck is good, because he has made some beautiful babies.
    so we shall see.