Michigan Homesteaders

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by momofeight, Nov 25, 2004.

1. momofeight

momofeight Active Member

2. gunsmithgirl

gunsmithgirl Missin Sweet Home Alabama

It says its in detroit,I got no desire to drive in detroit.I live in Lapeer,I just moved to MI from Alabama and I think Lapeer is big enough.I would like to meet-up with other like minded people if meetings are not in a big city.

3. momofeight

momofeight Active Member

That would be quite a trip for you anyway! Driving in Detroit can be quite distressing, since downtown is mainly one way this way or the other...

4. nappy

nappy Well-Known Member Supporter

One reason for my moving from the Detroit area was the stress of traffic and fast paced life. No way would I travel 5 hours to deal with that again except to visit adult children/grandchildren. However, I like the idea of getting together with other homesteading type people. Hope your group does well.

Nappy

5. diane

diane Well-Known Member

Good luck in in your endeavor..........for me, you couldn't pay me enough to be willing to go into Detroit. I haven't been any farther in than the airport in 25 years!!

6. Kris in MI

Kris in MI Well-Known Member Supporter

I hate to drive in Lansing, I'd never go to Detroit, not for a million bucks. Isn't there somewhere a little less urban to meet?

7. buellkat

buellkat Active Member

I agree with most of the posts...........we are homesteaders for a reason. One of them to stay away from the "big" cities hustle and bustle.

Let's meet in the middle of the lower peninsula, equally north, south, east and west. I imagine it would be possible.

Sounds like a good idea however it all comes together!!

8. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

Detroit is a great town to make big money fast other than that I'm from the Frankenmuth area have the homestead just north of Lapeer and turned down jobs there and am now in Benton Harbor.

mikell