Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following messages are from Michael Berry. He is a conservative talk radio host on KTRH.

“We didn't have many of these modern issues 50 years ago because young people had to work to exist. Too much time on these people's hands, from Antifah to the Nextdoor app crowd to the BLM. Too many people more worried about what's on someone else's plate when they should be focused on their own. Phones and social media didn't help. Too much time, too many tools, and for that matter, too many tools. People go looking to stir up trouble, rather than improving themselves and building something useful. The result is a bunch of wandering wastrels peeking in the windows of their neighbors, or tearing things down they don't understand. It's all rooted in the same problem. Busy people don't have time to be busy-bodies. Important people have more important things to do. Too many people with too much time and too little responsibility or self-esteem causing problems for the productive people.

Get back to work, worry about yourself and not everyone else, stay busy, and stop acting like children.“

·
38,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
“The lockdowns will continue. Businesses will die. Government will raise taxes, people won't be able to pay them. Eventually, people are going to realize this isn't about a virus, or public health. If you watched Sylvester Turner at the 60,000+ person George Floyd beatification you know it isn't about crowds or virus spreading. It's about control, and blame, and division. Many people won't realize this until it's too late. It still blows my mind when Republicans tell me they believed Obama's lies and felt disappointed that he didn't govern as he campaigned. These lies are designed to boil you by increasing degrees so that you don't even notice it.”

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
What if this pandemic is real and the lack of leadership killed the economy?

·
Registered
27,203 Posts
This stood out to me. Is he or are you suggesting we ignore it and don't talk about it?
Get back to work, worry about yourself and not everyone else, stay busy, and stop acting like children.“
All that is gospel.

·
38,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So?

He isn’t advocating not talking about it.

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
“The lockdowns will continue. Businesses will die. Government will raise taxes, people won't be able to pay them. Eventually, people are going to realize this isn't about a virus, or public health. If you watched Sylvester Turner at the 60,000+ person George Floyd beatification you know it isn't about crowds or virus spreading. It's about control, and blame, and division. Many people won't realize this until it's too late. It still blows my mind when Republicans tell me they believed Obama's lies and felt disappointed that he didn't govern as he campaigned. These lies are designed to boil you by increasing degrees so that you don't even notice it.”
I think this dude is on target.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The following messages are from Michael Berry. He is a conservative talk radio host on KTRH.

“We didn't have many of these modern issues 50 years ago because young people had to work to exist. Too much time on these people's hands, from Antifah to the Nextdoor app crowd to the BLM. Too many people more worried about what's on someone else's plate when they should be focused on their own. Phones and social media didn't help. Too much time, too many tools, and for that matter, too many tools. People go looking to stir up trouble, rather than improving themselves and building something useful. The result is a bunch of wandering wastrels peeking in the windows of their neighbors, or tearing things down they don't understand. It's all rooted in the same problem. Busy people don't have time to be busy-bodies. Important people have more important things to do. Too many people with too much time and too little responsibility or self-esteem causing problems for the productive people.

I agree with this man 100%. I'll add "Defend Police, Defund Welfare."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts