Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that can tell a site I can go to to find out replacement for Metformin. Or any other drug.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
I'm not sure there's a natural replacement for Metformin since it works to lower insulin resistance. But if you are trying to reduce blood sugar, some folks have good success with R-ALA - R Alpha Lipoic Acid. The brand name Isulow is a good one but there are others that are less expensive.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...x=aps&hvadid=159625892&ref=pd_sl_5afb74dlio_e
Evening Primrose Oil is often used in conjunction with R-ALA. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=%22evening+primrose+oil%22&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=3527195125&ref=pd_sl_7yy75qv83x_e

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
walking after eating can help keep sugars regulated. Prevention is better than containment if you are wanting to go natural.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
I read the OP's request for a substitute for Metformin that she didn't want to take Metformin, but was looking for something that works in a similar way.

Besides, Metformin is one of the few drugs that is more expensive through ADC than here in the States. I can get a 90 day supply (180 pills) from Walmart for $10.00, whereas from ADC the same amount is $15.34 plus shipping.

·
Voice of Reason
52,221 Posts
I read the OP's request for a substitute for Metformin that she didn't want to take Metformin, but was looking for something that works in a similar way.

Besides, Metformin is one of the few drugs that is more expensive through ADC than here in the States. I can get a 90 day supply (180 pills) from Walmart for $10.00, whereas from ADC the same amount is $15.34 plus shipping.
That's true, metformin is very affordable here. I was thinking of it from the standpoint of the cost to visit a doctor to get a prescription, but since the ACA that's less of an issue now than it used to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts