Metal chimney

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Beeman, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

Waht brand/type of metal chimney have you used? I've used American Metal products in the past. I've been looking at using Selkirk possibly and I see they now sell their Supervent series thru Lowes.

2. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Supervent, bought at lowes... excellent stuff.

3. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Ours is older and is Metalbestos, must be 15 years old by now and no problems thus far. Sis

4. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

I believe Metalbestos and Supervent are both made by Selkirk. I have been wondering if there is any or much difference in quality between the 2, there sure seems to be a price difference. i have a couple of chimneys I want to put in and the price has sure gone up since the last time I did one.

5. stanb999

stanb999 Well-Known Member

The Metalbestos is the brand they sell thru distributors. They are more expensive. The supervent is sold at lowes/hardware stores. The markup is less when sold at a national chain.

6. Big Dave

Big Dave Well-Known Member

I just put a metal chimmney in a couple of months ago. Each section of triple wall pipe cost $65. I used a couple of 45's and they cost $90 for the two and they had to be ordered. I went to lowe's here they had nothing on hand and would order anything I would ask them to. Also what I was told was different brands will not fit together. I did not risk it. The pipe I bought was from our local hardware store and was just bare metal on the shelf. I went thru the wall for more heat and has been working well.