Merry Christmas to me!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by allenslabs, Dec 21, 2005.

1. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Well I now have my new saanens!! I brought home 6 snow white little angels last night. 1 MIGHT go to an amish guy that's wanting a saanen. I sold him one of mine that had really skinny teats and was hard for me to milk so I could keep 5 of these and he said if I wanted to sell one then that was fine otherwise he wouldn't mind if I kept all 6. We'll have to see how it goes I guess. I'm up to 12 goats now and 2 babies. I have 7 reg saanens, 3 grade saanens, 1 nubian and 1 alpine. What a bunch..... then of course the babies are 1/2 saanen, 1/2 boer and so cute. My youngest daughter has claimed the little girl and named her princess annaliese from the movie Barbie in the princess and the pauper. HAHA!Kinda long for a little bitty goat but oh well. She'll be big one day.
    Anywho......... I'm just so excited I had to share. I'm off to ebay to try and track down some hair nippers, a disbudding iron, and tattoos stuff. All stuff I'm gonna need to have a bunch of little white babies runnin around. I oculdn't tell these girls apart if it weren't for their ear tattoos. ]
    See ya all later!

2. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

An easy way to easily identify your white goats is to attach numbers to their plastic collars. This way you don't need to read tattoos everytime you handle them. Pretty soon, you should be able to tell the goats apart anyway, as they all have their own personalities. My goats are different colors, but I attach numbers anyway so anyone else caring for them, such as my husband will be able to follow instructions for individual needs. If you don't find the goat stuff you need on E Bay, Heoggers and Caprine Supply should have it. I actually found a Stone tattoo outfit and a Wahl clipper at thrift stores. Have fun with your new goats!

3. Sher

Sher Well-Known Member

'Ya gotta love em! My first goat was a Saanen and although she passed away...I still have her daughter and granddaughter. The daughter .. Weezie .. will be with me til they "plant" one of us.

I really love the Saanen and Boer cross. Moreover..my meat people really love that cross. Weezie is due yet this year...bred to my new buck..who has wowed me with the size of his kids...especially his does. Weezie has given me the biggest kids every year..can't wait for these.

Anyhow..I share in your excitement and enthusiasm...I love goats...I love goat people. And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

4. Terre d'Esprit

Terre d'Esprit Boer-ing Mom

Yay for you Allenslabs, you lucky duck!!

I love the Saanen/Boer crosses. We got 2 wethers, both are Boer crosses, one a Saanen, and the other a Nubian. We love them both, of course, but the Saanen/Boer has an amazing personality. So much so that when my son decided he wanted a dairy goat for 4H, we drove 5 hours to find a Saanen breeder so we could get him a sweet little saanen doeling.

Ernie & Bert are the wethers (Ernie, the Saanen/Boer is on the left, Bert, the Nubian/Boer is on the right).

[​IMG]

Cindi is my son's Saanen, isn't she adorable (DH is holding her)?

[​IMG]

5. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

CONGRATS allenslabs! Glad to hear that you got some more sanaans!

By the way Terre, they are SO CUTE! I REALLY like Cindi, she looks so pretty, she is gonna grow up to be a REALLY beautiful girl.

Good Luck to the both of ya. Bye.

6. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Congratulations on your new girls! I bought a Saanen doe in October - wasn't what I was looking for, I prefer a bit of colour, but she's really grown on me. She's so calm and easy-going and just a dream to milk - very important for a first timer like me!!

In fact, I just took my Nubian cross doeling to breed to a beautiful young Saanen buck this week - so looks like I'm getting into Saanens too! :cool:

7. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

congrats on all of your babies. have fun!!!!!!!!!

8. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

Oh I'm so Jealous , I want more saanens!!! But Merry Christmas to you!

Terre d'Esprit-- Ernie is beautiful

9. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats on the new girls!

10. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Well I now have them all memorized and know who they are. I get a bit confused at the whole fancy, prancy, nancy thing but I've pretty much got it down. Nancy is sweet so far and starting to like me. Prancy is my favorite on appearnce...... real long in body and a good frame. And the others are all nice and just love em. One has an attitude I could do without but hey ya gotta have one. I think that if she weren't in there they would be a lot more tame by now but oh well. Not badfor just a few days.
    Terre congrats on the little doe she is so pretty. Cute wethers too.
    I'm a saanen fan definately and thank you all. Pretty sure I'll be committed if I buy anymore but hey. HAHA!!!