Merry Christmas (early)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by SectorSteve, Nov 13, 2004.

1. SectorSteve

SectorSteve Well-Known Member

So, I'm setting here at work thinking about Christmas coming up real soon and the fact that I have my health a good job and a wonderful wife (took me 2 tries) oh ya, 5 unbelievable grandchildren. OK, bear with me , this does make sense
    Anyway, I've been cleaning out the house and I've found alot of things that I don't need or haven't used in a long time, especially books. If you've looked at the barter board, you've seen some of them for sale.
    OK, now the good part. I still have some books that have not sold and there are people out there that could actually use these books.
    So, here's the deal. I'm going to post a book title and if you are the first to send me a PM with your name and address, I will send you the book. No strings attached. All I ask is that you be considerate of others, if you don't really have a need for the book, give someone else a chance.
    Oh, BTW, I might post here or the Barter Board. And, you will never know when.
    Merry Christmas.
    Steve

PS Thanks to everyone who bought books from me.

Building Small Barns and Sheds by Monte Burch, Book is in mint condition, paper cover has afew small tear. Hardcover

2. Anniebek

Anniebek Well-Known Member

I just sent you a pm. We are building a house and several outbuildings ourselves starting next spring, this book would come in handy!

Anniebek

3. SectorSteve

Hi Ann,
    I got your PM and you were the first, the book is yours. I'll mail it out monday (11/15/04) after I get off work. BTW, congratulations on building that new house in the spring.
    Steve

4. Anniebek

Anniebek Well-Known Member

Thank You!! :D

Anniebek

5. SectorSteve

Another book:

Practical Blacksmithing and Metalworking (second edition) by Percy W. Blandford, mint condition. Hardcover. 360 pages.

If you need it, drop me a PM. First to respond gets it.

6. Stush

Stush Well-Known Member

You have a PM from me about this one. Thanks for the generous offer.

7. SectorSteve

You're very welcome, Stan. I hope you get some good use out of it.

8. SectorSteve

How about one more before I shut down the computer for the night.

The Backyard Builder, over 150 projects for home, garden and yard. Mint condition. Hardcover. 631 pages.

This would make a great gift for someone.

Drop me a PM if you want it.

9. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

I've just PMed you. Sorry for the typos. I have our 5 month old son in my arms and was very excited about your generous offer. Thanks for being so thoughtful.

10. SectorSteve

You were the first to respond Robert. The book is yours. I actually liked the typos. I just thought you needed a new keyboard or something.
    Congratulations,
    Steve

11. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

Thanks,

Actually, this is a new keyboard. I can't for the life of me figure out computers. I can type more than 70 words a minute with almost no typos. I'm also OCD. I can't configure this keyboard. It is really slow. It takes almost forever to put words on the screen. It's so tedious. I'm really going crazy.

Anyhow, thanks again for the offer.
    Robert

12. SectorSteve

I can type 70 words a minute also. You just can't read it. If I try to type that fast it looks like some alien lauguage. Funny thing is, I set at a computer all day and make entries. It's a good thing typing wasn't a requirement for THIS government job. Well, you take care of that little one. I'll get the book mailed out monday after I get off work. I'll send you a PM after I mail it.
    Steve

13. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

Steve This is so nice of you to share your reading material......no telling what good results will come from it. I love to see people trying new things......so many people keep telling people they can't do things for them selves. Just a couple of generations ago almost everyone had to do for them selves. Thanks for being a good friend.......

14. SectorSteve

Jo,
    Thanks for your kind words. I just hope I can help someone out there.

Since it's hunting season out there and everyone will be filling their freezers, maybe someone can us this book. BTW, good luck to all the hunters out there.

Wild Game Cookery by Carol Vance , Good condition, afew small stains from use.

Drop me a PM if you want it.

15. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Hey Steve, I sent you a PM. Sure is great what you are doing!

16. SectorSteve

Thanks, Bob. I got your PM and the book is yours. You might want to PM me your last name so I can put it on the address label.

17. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

In the spirit of giving and receiving, and being inspired by Steve and his generosity, I have a book by Ortho called "All About Bulbs". It is free to the first person to PM me. Thanks again Steve!

18. SectorSteve

I know there are alot of people out there that have purchased "older" houses. You might be able to get some helpful hints out of this book.

This Old House (restoring and renovating an old house) by Bob Vila

PM me.

19. SectorSteve

Congratulations to redron (Veronica). She was to first to PM me.

20. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

Steve,

I have just gotten home from the business meetings. I have PMed you but I wanted to thank you again publicly. Your PM said that the post office would take 5-7 days. It took less than 3.

The book is great. I can't wait to build those modular raised beds. They look terrific.

Thanks again,
    Robert