Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our kids are suffering from a decades-long downward spiral of mental and emotional unwellness, that is leading them to take their own lives at increasing rates. Our kids, while very safe at schools, nonetheless feel very unsafe. Our kids are, in the last two years especially, increasingly engaging in criminal behaviors that directly increase the odds of them becoming victims of gun violence themselves. We have a problem.

·
Registered
40,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(1) Allow Schools to Shift Unused COVID Funds to School Security
(2) Authorize True Behavioral Threat Assessment Research and Training
(3) Treat School Choice Like The Negative-Outcome Antidote It Is
(4) Additional Avenues for Federal Intervention

It’s clear that the kids are not alright.

They’re increasingly suicidal. They’re increasingly engaging in serious criminal behaviors. They’re increasingly deciding that school just isn’t worth it.

We are losing our kids.

Not to mass school violence, but to school absenteeism. Not to big firearms but to Big Tech—and bullying-induced woes. Not to AR-15s but to a desire for criminal joyriding without consequences.

And if we don’t act soon—and act to stem these problems at the source—it won’t just be the kids that we’re losing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Last Thursday, 39 million American parents began receiving a monthly child allowance ($300 per child under six, and $250 per child from six through 17). It’s the biggest helping hand to American families in more than 85 years.

They need it. Even before the pandemic, child poverty had reached post-war records. Even non-poor families were in trouble, burdened with deepening debt and missed payments. Most were living paycheck to paycheck – so if they lost a job, they and their kids could be plunged into poverty.

But every single Republican in both the House and Senate voted against the measure.

·
Registered
8,788 Posts
Last Thursday, 39 million American parents began receiving a monthly child allowance ($300 per child under six, and $250 per child from six through 17). It’s the biggest helping hand to American families in more than 85 years.

They need it. Even before the pandemic, child poverty had reached post-war records. Even non-poor families were in trouble, burdened with deepening debt and missed payments. Most were living paycheck to paycheck – so if they lost a job, they and their kids could be plunged into poverty.

But every single Republican in both the House and Senate voted against the measure.
The policies of the people who voted for that “benefit” have raised the cost of living for each family by $460/month.

You really don’t get “thinking”, do you?

·
Premium Member
33,024 Posts
Do you have a link to your information? Everything I see says that credit ended with 2021.

"The new Child Tax Credit enacted in the American Rescue Plan is only for 2021. That is why President Biden strongly believes that we should extend the new Child Tax Credit for years and years to come. That’s what he proposes in his Build Back Better Agenda."

·
Registered
31 Posts
How many decades have parents been giving their kids electronic pacifiers, where they get a dopamine hit for every kill? The hours spent gaming violence is intense brain training and nowhere near healthy. They want to keep those dopamine hits coming when the game has diminishing results.

·
Registered
40,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many decades have parents been giving their kids electronic pacifiers, where they get a dopamine hit for every kill? The hours spent gaming violence is intense brain training and nowhere near healthy. They want to keep those dopamine hits coming when the game has diminishing results.
You are making me wonder if the quest for a bigger dopamine hit might be a catalyst for those tilted off center to do something untoward

·
Registered
371 Posts
Do you have a link to your information? Everything I see says that credit ended with 2021.

"The new Child Tax Credit enacted in the American Rescue Plan is only for 2021. That is why President Biden strongly believes that we should extend the new Child Tax Credit for years and years to come. That’s what he proposes in his Build Back Better Agenda."

Your correct. Point is programs to help kids have been opposed by the right....for a long time.

·
Premium Member
33,024 Posts

·
Registered
14,851 Posts
Your correct. Point is programs to help kids have been opposed by the right....for a long time.

If I give my children $300 a month would that be considered a program?
What would be the mechanics of that program other than the money going from my hand to theirs?
Would me being in debt up to my eyeballs to the point I can not even cover the interest payments on all of my credit make any difference?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You are making me wonder if the quest for a bigger dopamine hit might be a catalyst for those tilted off center to do something untoward
Yes! All it takes is the right combination of neurotoxic food chemicals to make a bad idea seem like a good idea. Mountain Dew, spicy Doritoes, strawberry PopTarts cause a lot of damage.

·
Premium Member
23,867 Posts
The fact that too many children (and adults, for that matter) are taking potent SSRI drugs doesn't help.

Has anyone stopped to ponder why, with all these so-callled "anti-depressants" available, we are seeing more and more people on the edge?

To be sure, it is a combination of things, but the common denominator in the mass shootings is black box psycho-pharmaceuticals.

·
Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate
18,725 Posts

Government handouts increase, while every business has "Help Wanted" signs out. Too many able bodied folks relaxing in the hammock of Government assistance already. 50 years ago, we started paying women to have babies without fathers. Now we pay the price. 70% of babies born into a single parent home.

·
Shazbot!
6,395 Posts
Damn I wish you would look just a little deeper. Holy shortsightedness!

This was an advance on their future refund. Yet is was sold as free benefits. Single mothers were counting on their refund also.

Oops! Sorry for those who believed the lie from the DNC.

·
Registered
19,679 Posts
Damn I wish you would look just a little deeper. Holy shortsightedness!

This was an advance on their future refund. Yet is was sold as free benefits. Single mothers were counting on their refund also.

Oops! Sorry for those who believed the lie from the DNC.

Pipe down there NC. You know it is always the rights fault when people dont get something for nothing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts