Homesteading Forum banner

Do men like makeup on women?

• Yes, I like a made-up woman, eye makeup, face makeup and lipstick.

• A little bit of makeup is ok. Not too much or it looks fake.

• I prefer a natural look without makeup.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
I do like a woman who knows how to apply makeup, well.
And who uses it properly.
There's an art to it, so that it doesn't appear overdone.
I also like to see a woman, who knows how to dress well.
there's nothing at all wrong with knowing how to present yourself.

Young girls don't generally need makeup.
They have the blush of youth.

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
friend and i were taking some furniture over too his place and when his wife came to the door in full war paint asked how we liked it i could not hold my tongue! her hubby ducked when i asked if the circus was coming too town! (we have known each other for years! she would not put me outa my misery!) she shot back with you'd be the elephant! i did eat the supper she cooked up! as a rule the less the better!

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
Personally?

Lightly made up and full of mystery. I still remember watching one of my first girlfriends in college as she slept; complete mesmerized by the tiny bits of sparkle on the nape of her neck.

I think that women should wear what they want to wear. What ever makes them feel beautiful. A happy woman is far more attractive than one burdened by an attempt to live by someone else's expectations.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Us women can't see the results unless we vote?!

My husband likes it(not overdone) but does not want it in the budget.....high maintenance girls/women are expensive to keep.
I didn't vote, either, but I clicked on the "View Poll Results" button and I could see them. Don't know if that's because it's my post or if it works for everyone. You can vote for your dh!

So far it's 25% A lot of makeup, 42% A little, and 33% none.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My wife doesn't wear any, never has, I don't think she needs it. Women can do what ever they please. Personally, the only time I like makeup on a woman, is when I can't tell she has any on.

G

·
If I can see it then she's got too much on. Which is not necessarily the same as not wearing any at all.

.....Alan.

·
Premium Member
42,693 Posts
I once posted a little sign on the office wall where there were several women working, "Women who die their hair are subject to lie about other things as well." I have this thing about honesty, I dont like make up on a woman at all. Neatly groomed head of hair, and an honest smile is hard to beat when it comes to what makes a woman pretty.

Edited to add: oops nearly forgot, the little sign didnt live long, it dissapeared in just a few hours. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me that My wife will not go anywhere without "puttin' her face on" as she calls it. I don't know if she is just trying to keep up with the Jones's or what. Personally I think she's beautiful no matter what she does with make-up. Matter of fact, I seem to have found her just beautiful in the delivery room as I did on our wedding day. I love to gaze at her but the real beauty lies within. But, if it makes her happy.......

·
Registered
601 Posts
I voted for my dh and will quote him from when we've discussed this subject before.

"If the barn needs paintin' . . ." :lookout:

·
East Central MN
609 Posts
Personally I like it best when my wife doesn't wear any, but she prefers to wear a little. In my mind if I can tell a woman is wearing makeup she has to much on.

·
Super Moderator
9,763 Posts
i prefer none , but some do it so, you can't tell , but if the point is to apply so that it cn't be told that your wearing it , why were it

but i agree with the guy who said do what you want ladies cause it is far easier livining with a happy woman

my wife gets the idea she should wear some when she is in sombodys wedding , sais it makes the pictures look better , asside from that twice in 10 years she wears none

·
Banned
30,992 Posts
My husband likes me in makeup, and he also likes when I'm barefaced, hair undid, and in a feed store gimme cap. I think he just likes me. ;)

He will negatively comment on women with badly applied, or over done, makeup.

Pix

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I asked my hubby, and his answer is "yes, I like make-up on a woman." He added "painted nails too"

(that is something I hardly ever do is paint my nails. Maybe I will more often now...hehe)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I voted for DH. He said he preffered no make up he said he likes natural girls and not being soo snobbish way. I understand how he feels and lucky i dont wear make up and only wore during special days only.. I dont like the make up. LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
My husband says he prefers no makeup at all, but when we got out and I put on just a little, he always mentions that I look pretty, so I'm not sure I believe him!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts