Meet "The Bruiser" my 100% boer buck

Discussion in 'Goats' started by allenslabs, Oct 17, 2006.

1. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Here is my new buck The Bruiser. He is a 100% boer buck that's 2 years old. He just got to be in with his girls today and so he was like a kid in the candy store. HAHA! 5 were in heat today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

Allenslabs - I don't know much about goats - But "The Bruiser" looks AWESOME! :clap: :clap: ...so if he breeds females over the next two weeks, when would they be due? with "the new kids on the block" LOL

3. Obe-Willow

Obe-Willow Well-Known Member

Bruiser big boy and good looking too

Marisa

4. FarmGoddess

FarmGoddess Well-Known Member

Good size on that Boer. Where did you get him? One of my neighbors raises Boers and I wonder if he's from that stock.

5. mammawof3

mammawof3 Well-Known Member

Very, very nice Boer buck! You got a good deal with these animals!! :) Your Saanen buck looks alittle "put out" in the one pic.Ha! Good luck with them!

6. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

He looks... Stinky... LOL
    I like the one of him loving on that one doe, it's cute.

7. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

8. Sher

Sher Well-Known Member

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about!! That's a real nice looking boer buck .. if he throws as good as he looks...I don't think you got hurt at all on your deal.

Congrats!!

9. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

what is his blood lines? he is impressive, could be a little longer and not sure how wide he is but he is a very nice animal and will be a good starting point and should give you a very good base to your Meat Goat opperation

10. Wingdo

Wingdo Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh my! That's about as good looking a buck as I've seen in a while! He looks like a dang buffalo/grizzly! Congrats my friend!

Wing

11. allenslabs

He SOUNDS like a friggin buffalo or grizzly!!

12. allenslabs

Thanks all!! I like him. Well........ tonight he could have left but that's just cause the 2 breeds got in together and my 2 main men were fighting with my saanen buck leaving with a bloody head. UGH!!
    He is a grandson to eggsfile. That's about the only ennobled blood I see on there. This is he tosses VERY nice kids. Massive and gorgeous. I'll try to post some pics of his offspring on here if I can find the pics in my camera. Hard to tell em all apart just yet and I don't have any great ones of the babies. But there is a little buck in there...... OH MY@! He is BEAUTIFUL!! Big head and long ears and just thick. I'd like to see him used as a herd buck. He is just a traditional red head with a whisp of white in the forehead and his twin brother is louder on the head as far as color but this guy just looks awesome.
    I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO happy I did this. I can see it could be overwhelming for a newbie as I catch myself thinking....... do I REALLY need 30 goats? I think I got that right........ 18 boer does, 8 saanen does, 1 saanen wether and 3 bucks..... and then of course the 7 babies and then the 3 due soon and then of course loads of babies in the spring.......... yep life is interesting as of late. HAHA!!

13. allenslabs

Oh and UpNorth........ if he breeds em now they'd be due the second or third week in march. Usually figure about 150-155 days.

14. KSALguy

EGGSFILE is a Great blood line, i had an EGGSFILE buck and he was AWSOME, you will have great luck with him, especially if the rest of the bucks bloodlines are as good as his EGGS blood, thats South African genetics.

do you have any Pure Does? or are you putting him just on Percents? eather way get all his daughters registerd and any Pure bucklings that make the cut,

i am really jelious lol can you tell?

15. allenslabs

I'll try to put his bloodline on here if it don't get too confusing.

My buck~ The Bruser 100% Correct
    Sire~ Eggs P750
    SS~ Eggsfile Sire~ Top Gun No2 Dam~ Eggspensice
    SD~ Sunny Acres Charisma Sire~1PDL Sunny Acres Dam~1PDL Sunny Acres'
    Dam~ LSG N081
    DS~ TX631144 Sire~ S Africa Stud Dam~ S Africa Stud
    DD~ KGF Haley Sire~ JLF's Ensign Dam~ BWY K412

Did that make ANY sense?? I hope so.. HAHA!!
    There are 4 of these girls that are reg as 50% although they look pure. The thing is that 3 are reg ABGA and the buck is IBGA and is it possible to transfer all to one registry? I hate the thought of paying $40 to each per year and reg and stuff. But I'll do it if there's no other way. HAHA!! But geez I counted up I'll be spending $110 a year in goat registries just to register my animals.
    And boy he does make nice kids.............
    Well I guess just remember me if you ever need a buck! HAHA!!

16. allenslabs

OH OH! And also I have a doe that is an eggsorcist granddaughter and a top gun no2 great granddaughter. She is a 50% painted doe. And by being a eggsorcist granddaughter she is a MZURI and eggsemplary greatgranddaughter. Perdy cool!

17. KSALguy

you have some really good stock there, i cant remimber exactly right now but i am pretty sure you can transfer all into one registry, there are differint opinyons about weather you should stay in one registry or use both, personally i am all for being simple and direct. i would see about putting them all in one registry.

if you were closer i would be comming over lol, will see what happends when i am set up again for Goats.

18. KayJay

KayJay Well-Known Member

Well, his name definately suits his looks, he looks monstrous! Congrats on your new herd! :D