Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Jinx. Jinx showed up just before Halloween, solid black and sweet as candy corn. How could we say no? I called the vet today for an appointment-gotta make it official you know.

Blue

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To the vet this morning, in the pouring rain, and Jinx is a healthy, 6-7 month old girl. She will go in for the rest of her shots and spaying in a few weeks.

Welcome to the family, Jinx!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You are so sweet for taking her in! She was obviously someone's kitty before finding you.

I wonder if someone relocated her from her original home as a Halloween prank? We had a solid black kitty disappear on Halloween when I was a kid. We always wondered what happened to her. Of course, my parents blamed the neighborhood kids.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
What a gorgeous girl!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, all!

Ravenlost, her tail is average length, just curled down in the picture.

amwitched, we are a mile or so from the nearest neighbor and almost a half mile from the road. The only neighbor I know of who has cats has Siamese cats. She may well have been dumped on the road to fend for herself. Unfortunately, that sometimes happens here. Our other cat is the son of a stray that showed up pregnant about five years ago (momma cat now lives with DH's brother and SIL).

Blue

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Very sweet looking kity.

Most black cats are very sweet. I had one once that would lay beside me on the sofa and put his head on my arm. Sadly he dissapeared. But that was over 20 years ago.

My other one was black and white, and a very laid back cat. He was huge, and lived to be 17.

BUT we had one that was the black cat from HECK! He was very mean would'nt let you pet him with out getting you will all four feet and mouth. He wasn't feral because we got him when he was only 8 weeks old. He was the liveliest one in the litter. We were in Oregan and he got out and took off. We never did find him.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
The very first kitten my DD had was a little black kitten named Seena. They grew up together and Seena passed away when my DD was gone at college. Having my DD gone was very hard on Seena and I do believe she died from a broken heart at the age of 18 years. She was a very special kitty.

Enjoy your new black kitty. They are very special cats. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts