Measuring Corn

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by beeman97, Nov 8, 2005.

1. beeman97

beeman97 Well-Known Member

Ive got a trailer that will be 4'x4'x8' when i put sides on it, what i need to know is how many bushels that will hold, im not much for math & have no idea how to measure this out. alittle help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    Rick

2. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Level full approximately 102.9 bushels. The weight will probably be more than the tires and axle can handle. Corn shelled weights 56 lbs/bushel.

3. bretthunting

bretthunting Well-Known Member

i am guessing that this is probably a pickup bed trailer but not sure.you will have @ 2.86 tons if it is level full, way to much for even a 3/4 ton p.u. or 1 ton p.u.

4. beeman97

beeman97 Well-Known Member

thanks for the reply agman,,,,
    no it is not a pick up bed trailer, it is a utility trailer that used to be owned byt he power company to hual there large generators around.
    Ive had 2 tons on it in the past & wouldnt hesitate to put more on it as the only thing it lacks is the capasity to hold more so im putting sides up on it & will easily haul 77 bushels if only filled to the 3 foot level, im not sure i will put it to the full test by filling it completly though ,,, it is a very good trailer & has served me well so i see no need to abuse it to badly