May I come back? Please!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by southrngardngal, May 3, 2006.

1. southrngardngal

southrngardngal Well-Known Member

I was doing pretty good and then hubby gets sick and I sort of drift away from eating like I need to eat and weighing in.

He is on a low cholesterol diet with low sodium. I have been eating the way he eats but I am diabetic and he is eating more carbs. Man I am in a mess. There are times I could suck up every bite of food in the house at one time. I know it is eating the carbs that give me the boost and then the let down.

May I come back and try again. Just maybe this time I can make it. I need to lose nearly 100 pounds but just want to lose 5 to begin with. Then I will go to the next 5 pounds.

The fibromyalgia is making a great big appearance again and I know part of it is due to the weight gain that I have had since hubby's diet began in our house.

Thanks. At least I hope.

Jan

2. MOJILL

MOJILL Well-Known Member

((((((HUGS))))))))

Jan,

I truly doubt there are many in this forum who have not struggled many times with the weight issue. I know I personally have gained - lost - gained - lost multiple times in my life. We all go through our peaks and valleys in life and often our attention to our physical health and well being is the last thing we worry about.

I think setting short term goals is a good idea. Once you've reached that goal it will be easy - and you'll be so ready - - to set another one.

I"m glad you want to "come back" to the forum and take advantage of the info sharing in here. I know I get a lot from it.

Good luck and God bless - -- and keep posting! :)

Jill

3. COUNTRY WISHES

COUNTRY WISHES Well-Known Member

Do come back. You can pobably modify your husband's diet for yourself by making balanced meals and eating more of the protein and veggies while your DH gets a larger dose of the starches and breads. Give it a try. You both need to stay healthy for each other.

4. southrngardngal

southrngardngal Well-Known Member

Thank you both for the encouraging words. I will have to set small goals for myself because for some reason in the last few months I can't see far ahead.

I will weigh in tomorrow and began again.

Thanks again.
    Jan