May i ask a confused question?

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by ceresone, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

I dont suppose there is a proper place to answer this question, and moderators may delete it, if desired.
    My brother is 81, served in WW2, Korea, Veitnam, and numerous smaller "skirmishes". he retired a masrer sgt. he kept his army insurance, and was on full disability, plus drawing his social security.
    just before Christmas, he went in for a knee replacement--and his heart stopped the next am.
    his wife has him hooked to life support, despite the dr's telling her theres no brain activity--she says she cant make it without his money! I personally, know their farm is paid for, and he had prepared for her in every way possible.my question--will the VA continue to pay for his care on life support, plus send his checks? is there a limit to extended care? and can they possibly have cut his life insurance down to burial as she says?
    my heart is hurting-but i know my brother is gone--i'm just wondering how long it will be profitable for her to hold his body hostage, i guess.
    and before anyone can think this is unusual, she has always said he'd be kicked out if it wasnt for his money.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    She will continual to recieve the pension, at what point it starts to diminish I am not sure. Contact your local vets rep in the phone's blue pages, at state level.

3. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks, moopups, my biggest concern right now, is the service going to continue to pay for his care? or is there a limit, as to how much, and how long they will pay for him to be on life support?

4. ma1bob

ma1bob Victory Gardener

The Va Hospital will continue to provide care for your brother. Even if it is only hospice care. As to the pension, you will need to discuss this with the VA rep if they will discuss it with you. His wife is obviously the beneficiary and she maybe the only one the VA will talk to.

Cheers

Bob