Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I dunno. I'm fickle like that.

They're bred for January (in theory, of course not showing yet), tiny little things like I've been looking for. So why is it, when what I've been wanting practically is staring me in the face, I start changing my mind? :rolleyes: Seriously bitsy goats here, which is what tiny-acreage me needs, but ugh... what if I do something wrong and they suffer for my stupidity? I've been researching more and more, but lately it seems everything I touch just falls apart no matter what I do; forgive the drama there, but geez... someone tell me there no such thing as bad luck! Or maybe voodoo, the way things have been, lol.

So I dunno... DH called me on his first break and weaseled the seller's phone number out of me, and is threatening to just bring them home without my say-so. :p

Aw forget it... I'm going to go build that pen and set it up. No sense denying the inevitable, is there?

·
My kids have hooves
2,227 Posts
Are you feeling fickle because you're not sure you want them or because you're worried about bad luck?

If it's the second, then get them! You will love their personalities. And if you need more knowledge and support, you can find it here. :)

Oh, and we need pictures. :hobbyhors

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I had "goat-somnia" for weeks before we picked up our does. It'll pass. You will be so thrilled when you finally have them. Oh-- you'll freak out every time they look at you sideways, but you'll be thrilled. ;)

·
My kids have hooves
2,227 Posts
BlueHeronFarm said:
I had "goat-somnia" for weeks before we picked up our does. It'll pass. You will be so thrilled when you finally have them. Oh-- you'll freak out every time they look at you sideways, but you'll be thrilled. ;)
Yep! On our way to pick up our kids, we ran into an old family friend of my husbands. When she heard we were getting goats, she said "oh gawd, why in the world are you doing that?" She'd had goats before and said they were absolute nightmares.

Soooo, we left her and drove to the breeder's farm all the while thinking "could I be wrong?, are we getting into too much?" Even though I'd researched for over a year.

HA! She couldn't be more wrong. They are so much fun we went back and got one more LOL. :hobbyhors

·
Registered
388 Posts
You will truely enjoy them. I raise Nigies and just love them. They are wonderful nice tempered little goats. I warn you they are addicting as are all goats LOL!!!!! It is so normal when getting into something new to be nervous. I have sold to many new to goat people, and they have all wrote back to tell me Thank and they are so glad they got them. mind you during their waiting time they would e-mail me saying how nervous they were and had lots of questions. But it always works out....

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,668 Posts
And. . . ? ? ? Did you get them???

Pics, Please!

NeHi

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I didn't... maybe another time.

I did have two Nigie doelings, after wanting goats for two years I just got hooked by this tiny broken buckskin at the flea market bawling for her mama; she made such a pet out of herself, followed me everywhere outside, was just so mellow and funny. I lost them both in early Spring, though, and am still gunshy, I suppose.

·
Sunny Daze Farm
660 Posts
When you are ready to get some, I would make sure they aren't too tiny or they will have more problems kidding. Better to have a tiny tiny buck and girls with a little more size. Nigies are the best though! Although my nubians have been growing on me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.