Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a mini-farm in the 'outback' of Maine - - -
I don't know why it is so hard to find someone to share prepping with ?
I am designed to partner with a woman and the lack of which seems like a hole in my life, an impediment .
I (waste ?) way too much time and effort trying to find someone compatible .
I recently found someone intelligent and attractive on POF - if you can believe that .
So very much in agreement on the need to prepare for the coming crash of our national house of cards and homesteading .
However, I think that politics are irrelevant at this point in the history of our pathetic country and she is rabidly into 'progressive' politics and so full of hate against anyone who isn't (though not admitting that nasty fact) that she has bailed on me for the 3rd time .
I have known for a long time that this site might be the best place to look for a mate, but haven't had any luck so don't spend much time here .
A single person has little hope of surviving what's coming, and I feel like I'm going down for the 3rd time as far as partnering, and it begins to look so much easier and less stressful to give up, but I can't, I can't !
So I have to keep reaching out .
Help me develop this sweet place better and the 100 acres I have 1/2 hr down the road ?

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Looks like you posted the same info in two places?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
From your post, it appears that you are getting desperate to meet and mate. Most women can smell this desperation, and shy away from it to prevent heartbreak if things should not work out.

I suggest possibly looking on foreign dating sites for women who want a change of venue, who might be happy to relocate to the American dream !...lots of them out there who are looking to improve their situation !

·
newfieannie
9,247 Posts
From your post, it appears that you are getting desperate to meet and mate. Most women can smell this desperation, and shy away from it to prevent heartbreak if things should not work out.

I suggest possibly looking on foreign dating sites for women who want a change of venue, who might be happy to relocate to the American dream !...lots of them out there who are looking to improve their situation !
and a lot of them looking to relieve you of everything you have.

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Single person has little chance of survival? Is that true?

Lots of mountain men and prospectors survived.

Maybe you need a good horse and a pack animal.
There will be a time when the locals (who, in Maine, are apt to be armed and good hunters) will be drastically hungry. I'm a homesteader, not a mtn. man able to keep moving in the woods. And even then they'd get shot sooner or later .

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like you posted the same info in two places?
There isn't really a right place here for me to post . I am a prepper/survivalist homesteader who really needs a mate .
Can't look for a mate here, and over at singletree all they can say is 'too much doom and gloom' haha .

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's probably the snow scaring them off. Find a Yooper dating site.Good luck, it took me into my 40s.
Snow will protect us if we're prepared .

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would imagine once civilization fell into chaos, there would be plenty of available housemates.
Could be true, but then how to contact them. My land is in a township of 400 in the middle of a 17 million acre forest .

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Been there, done that, married to a Russian for 10 yrs. You realize that you have to go there and meet them ?

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and a lot of them looking to relieve you of everything you have.
Yeah, I lucked out once w/a foreign wife, but not going to try it again I think. When I say I lucked out I really knew I'd made a mistake, but figured I couldn't send her back to really messed up country, so we got married and I figured I'd get her set up here and then we'd go our own ways, but it took 10 yrs. !

Reactions: 101pigs

·
newfieannie
9,247 Posts
like a neighbor a few doors down. he brought over a woman. married her. put her through university and whatever it takes to become a doctor. soon as she had what she wanted she was gone with just about everything and she also told him she never did have any intention of staying when she married him. it was only to get her doctorate.

happened it was the best thing. he married a lovely lady from here and they have 3 beautiful boys.

then there's my sons friend. he's had 3 marriages at least. all from the phillipines. and he's lost everything 3 times. I told my son he should soon wise up(his friend) that's what I'm scared of. although I'm sure he has no intentions of ever marrying. or even bothering with a woman for that matter. he's too attached to his dogs.

I still only have him joint on one account so he can buy stuff I need for working or what he needs. I only keep it around 10.000. if he needs anything more than that I buy it. (course this is how he wants it also)I've seen too much of what women can do to men. and the other way around too but I'm only speaking mostly for what I've seen first hand. ~Georgia

·
Registered
8,840 Posts
Could be true, but then how to contact them. My land is in a township of 400 in the middle of a 17 million acre forest .
You wont need to contact them.
Hungry and scared and desperate, lasses will come stumbling thru the timber as they flee the chaos of the local towns and cities. To them, youll look like Tom cruise with a rifle and a refrigerator.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I had four kids and was in a dangerous situation and Bill needed a farm wife. We started writing and five years later got married. That was 41 years ago. He really did rescue me from 2,000 miles away. We got to really know each other after we were married. It worked because we were committed to making it work. Love came after. Now I am teaching him how to pay the bills and cook so in case I die he will be alright without a woman to take care of him. I don't intend to share him even when I'm gone! I always ask him; " Would you remarry if I die? " His reply;" No way! Once married to you was enough!" I am still trying to figure out what he meant!
All kidding aside; What anyone needs in a mate is someone who shares the same moral values and wants the same lifestyle and someone who will make a lasting commitment. All else can be worked out except for physical and emotional abuse. Those are deal breakers. Good luck!

·
Registered
10,924 Posts
Again, the OP post comes across as needy. That really chases a lot of women away when they sense it. Relax, do your thing and it'll happen.

I never looked for a man. I did my thing and still do. Never had problems meeting nice men. Even when I'm volunteering, I still get asked out at my age - by younger men!
Life is fun. Show that enthusiasm - it's catching (in more ways than one) ;):)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts