Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why it is so hard to find someone to share with ?
I am designed to partner with a woman and the lack of which seems like a hole in my life, an impediment .
I (waste ?) way too much time and effort trying to find someone compatible .
I recently found someone intelligent and attractive on POF - if you can believe that .
So very much in agreement on the need to prepare for the coming crash of our national house of cards and homesteading .
However, I think that politics are irrelevant at this point in the history of our pathetic country and she is rabidly into 'progressive' politics and so full of hate against anyone who isn't (though not admitting that nasty fact) that she has bailed on me for the 3rd time .
I have known for a long time that this site might be the best place to look for a mate, but haven't had any luck so don't spend much time here .
A single person has little hope of surviving what's coming, and I feel like I'm going down for the 3rd time as far as partnering, and it begins to look so much easier and less stressful to give up, but I can't, I can't !
So I have to keep reaching out .
Help me develop this sweet place better and the 100 acres I have 1/2 hr down the road ?

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Rick; take a look at yourself; That gloom and doom attitude is part of the problem. NO, we are not going to have a catastrophic melt-down---politics has been like this since the beginning of time and we will get thru this mess just fine. You are a relatively young man and should be able to cope with anything that happens in your lifetime.

I agree that life without a good woman is a pain in the butt, but it will be hard to find one if you insist on telling her that the world is going to go to hell in a hand basket. POF is as good a place as any to find women, just cull, cull, cull. When you find a good one promise her that you will build a paradise on that place of yours and protect her for the rest of her life. Then do it.

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick; take a look at yourself; That gloom and doom attitude is part of the problem. NO, we are not going to have a catastrophic melt-down---politics has been like this since the beginning of time and we will get thru this mess just fine. You are a relatively young man and should be able to cope with anything that happens in your lifetime.

I agree that life without a good woman is a pain in the butt, but it will be hard to find one if you insist on telling her that the world is going to go to hell in a hand basket. POF is as good a place as any to find women, just cull, cull, cull. When you find a good one promise her that you will build a paradise on that place of yours and protect her for the rest of her life. Then do it.
Well thanks Ox, but I do believe we are on thin ice, and I'm not interested in the struggle of waking up a woman who has her head stuck in the sand (and insists on keeping it there, as so many people do).

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Rick; Thin ice or none, the idea is to decide that you will be fine no matter what happens, atitude, attitude, attitude!

I agree, there is no point in choosing a woman whose ideas are opposite your own, but a positive, cheerful, confident outlook on life will bring in more sugar cookies than gloom and doom.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
My 2 cents.
It's tough to get the full picture in a single post, however what you chose to include sounds more like relationship quicksand than happy partnership. Maybe you could re-read what you chose to post from the perspective of an independent, motivated, person excited about sharing a long term future with someone and see if how you chose to describe yourself sounds accurate or inviting.
As a woman, I can share that I am not interested in spending time with individuals that are perpetually sad, afraid or looking for me to be their 'shim' for their emotional outlook. I am, however, attracted to individuals that are confident, independent, are excited about the future and have a pleasant outlook. I would not want to hitch my wagon to a Pollyanna but neither to an Eeyore.

·
Super Moderator
16,531 Posts
Well thanks Ox, but I do believe we are on thin ice, and I'm not interested in the struggle of waking up a woman who has her head stuck in the sand (and insists on keeping it there, as so many people do).
Rick you ae describing my husband. However I loved him and I did not CARE! I prepped for 2.

Guess what? He has a lot of useful skills that have served us well for the last 44 years, and whether SHTF or not those skills are still his. Ox makes a good point: you narrow the field a LOT when you insist on an acceptance of SHTF, and in the end it might not matter. They have been talking about TEOTWAWKI since the 70's that I know of, and if it happens then DH and I will deal with it. DH can shoot and build and repair and I can homestead and I am a nurse and we will face things together, as we always have.

And, over the last 10 years or so DH no longer scoffs about my prepping. Because, yeah. Things politically are just as tense now as they were in the 70's.

·
Premium Member
25,116 Posts
Rick, IF youd show up here once in a blue moon, you MIGHT find somebody. We had a gal FROM Maine looking for a guy, BUTT U wernt here and I guess nobody know how to get hold of ya. U know the old sayin, Ya booze, ya snooze, ya loose lol

·
newfieannie
9,247 Posts
I could be wrong Bill but I don't think she wanted to move. didn't she have her own homestead? that's the problem, most of us are already established and Rick needs someone who can chuck everything and move to his homestead. I feel I'm designed to partner with a man also but I don't dwell on it anymore and I don't plan to move except maybe later to a smaller home but within 20 miles or so. ~Georgia

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Lordy, Lordy, there are so many good women on this earth that a man without one just HAS to be doing something wrong. That 20 mile radius that Newfie refers to probably has 500 men who need a good woman, but only five or six who will meet her standards.

I just want to add here that TEOTEAWKI did not happen because good people, optimists all, worked together so that it did not happen.
Good grief, remember the nut who published the homesteaders magazine who pushed the idea that Y2K would be a disaster? I stayed up way past my bedtime that new year's eve just so I could see that the world did not crumble.

One of my kid brorther's classmates had cashed in his pension, took it all in cash, buried it on a hillside in New Mexico, lived in barn/apartment on that hillside waiting for Y2k and TEOTEAWKI. Did not happen and when he went to dig up his $ stash he found that the pack rats had shredded it and he could not find enough to recover anyrthing. Went back to work and died poor.

So, Rick, Plan as if you will live forever but live as if you may die tomorrow and you will be just fine. Forget the gloom and doom, it ain't agonna happen. If you have 100 acres and the know-how to live on it you have a potential paradise.

·
Registered
10,924 Posts
When I sense a guy is needy about wanting a relationship, I bail. Scares me. I think it has something to do with my responsibility in the relationship.
I think you're wanting a relationship so badly that maybe you've forgotten about just being friends first and letting things develop.

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rick; Thin ice or none, the idea is to decide that you will be fine no matter what happens, atitude, attitude, attitude!

I agree, there is no point in choosing a woman whose ideas are opposite your own, but a positive, cheerful, confident outlook on life will bring in more sugar cookies than gloom and doom.
I think I said I was fairly well prepped, that seems like I am someone who is strong and taking steps, you know. If someone is aware and has their eyes open can you only see that as 'doom and gloom' ? You have shared your advice so thank you .

Reactions: goodatit

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rick, I understand what you are saying, but the first few encounters with a new female surely do not have to be a verbal download of your apocalyptic beliefs.
Well, thanks, but if she isn't at least sort of on the same page it's a waste of time .

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rick, IF youd show up here once in a blue moon, you MIGHT find somebody. We had a gal FROM Maine looking for a guy, BUTT U wernt here and I guess nobody know how to get hold of ya. U know the old sayin, Ya booze, ya snooze, ya loose lol
Thanks FB BILL, but I was here, not hard to find me I think .

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Rickfrosty...........When the SHTF again, it surely will, the tide will turn rapidly for women and children, especially painfully for women "with" children. The security and independence they currently enjoy will instantly vanish. The security will vanish for nearly everyone, but those in remote areas will experience this to a much lesser extent, if they experience it at all.

Sadly America is on a clearly visible and historically well documented path. Things are so bleak for America, that if I was a younger man, I would seek safety in another location.

It is going to be very ugly at best, and likely horrific. Keep your course, and let the delusional enjoy their delusion.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Wow, did I under estimate!!!!
When Georgia commented that she did not want to move more than perhaps 20 miles I wrote that there would be perhaps 500 men in that area. NOT SO!!!! Just think, there would be over 1200 square miles in that circle. Let's say that Georgia lives in an ocean side town, so cut the land area to 600 square miles. How many available men in 600 square miles? I'll bet more than 500.

What are they Georgia? Business men, farmers, fishermen, lumberjacks, railroaders?

·
Super Moderator
16,531 Posts
Yes on people working to stop TEOTWAWKI

But if it happens tomorrow, Rick, you and I will still have the gardens and the rice and the skills that we need.
Well, thanks, but if she isn't at least sort of on the same page it's a waste of time .
Love is always worthwhile.

Perhaps you should also join a mutual assistance group? That way you would not have all of your eggs in one basket. If the lady has no interest in a particular skill there will be others who can contribute them.

·
Premium Member
25,116 Posts
Well Chuck, Im not going back to join up again with my X cause theres so many available FARM women around here. She may be bedfast, and 350, and boobs down to her navel which is down to her knees, and nearly helpless, but shes all that has showed any interest. In a way, were alike. nobody has shown any interest in us, but each other. Who knows, I could be in the same shape another 10yrs, or even gone. Seemingly nowadays, a lot of people kick off in their 70s. Chucks the exception to the rule LOL

1 - 20 of 82 Posts