Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how long Today mastitis treatment keeps? The local feed store was trying to tell me that some they had with an expiration date of 10/06 was still good. I went to the farther away more reputable feed store and got some that had a date in 2010, but I am curious if the locals are right and it really is still good that far past its date.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Today is overused enough that it doesn't work all the time already. I wouldn't use one that was past it's date...especially THAT far past. If it had just expired last month then maybe...
Just my two cents
Trisha

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like the last straw for the local feed store. I felt like I was being scammed, but wanted to check and see if it might really be ok and that maybe the owner was not ignorant or lying to me. They are very convenient and have good quality hay, but I (and others) have repeatedly had rude service. The worst offender is the son of the owner and I think it would be pointless to complain.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I'll use AB's up to a year past their Use By Date - if I have them on hand and they have been kept under the correct conditions - in your case, in a dark cool place. Most UBD's are conservative and, depending on what it is, will last months and sometimes years past the printed UBD. However, I would not be purchasing something that was 2 years past it's UBD and your farm store should not have had it on their shelves.

Cheers,
Ronnie

·
KS dairy farmers
3,841 Posts
It looks like the last straw for the local feed store. I felt like I was being scammed, but wanted to check and see if it might really be ok and that maybe the owner was not ignorant or lying to me. They are very convenient and have good quality hay, but I (and others) have repeatedly had rude service. The worst offender is the son of the owner and I think it would be pointless to complain.
Poor Service is unacceptable. Vote with your checkbook. Cheers. :coffee:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ronney--thanks for the info on using ABs pst their date.

Up North--I agree with you. The convenience and good hay is not worth the irritation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts