Massey-Ferguson FEL question.

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by tyusclan, Aug 13, 2006.

1. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

I recently bought a 240 Massey 2WD with Massey 232 front-end loader. There are times when a FEL is useless without 4WD. My dad has a couple of older, smaller tractors he's thinking about selling and either buying a 4WD with a front-end loader or buying a 4WD that my loader will fit, and swapping the loader over to it. If he buys one with a loader I'll take mine off and sell it. We don't both need a loader as neither of us uses one very often. If he gets one and I need to use it, I can go borrow his or vice versa. My question is can anyone tell me if there are other models of tractor that the MF 232 loader will fit or where I could find that info?

2. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

No specific's but some loader frames are for 2wd or MFWA and would need modifications. The fast way is to call an Agco MF dealer and ask at teh parts desk, if you'd need a new sub frame

3. tyusclan

Thanks. I know the folks at the local dealer pretty well, so I'll give them a call.

4. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

Ty-While I am not familiar with those smaller, newer MF Models ( My last one was a 285 with factory Loader), it is generally true that loaders on 2WD models are not engineered to take the stress, torquing, and general abuse put on a FEL by MFWD Tractors. Also, you may run into issues with proper clearance for front wheels if you attempt to switch a 2WD FEL to a MFWD tractor....cheers.

5. tyusclan

I'm thinking it'll probably make more sense for him to just get a 4WD with a loader, and then I'll sell mine.