Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is your wife doing since her surgery?

Will she be ready to help in the garden by spring time?

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Still no getting around without a walker. Steps are an adventure, up or down equally challenging. 45 minutes of physical therapy, twice a week, began today. Has a list of impossible exercises but determined to try following the regimen laid out. Pain controlled by lots of drugs. I'm still the cook, for the most part. Just got done fixing her bed for the night. Whatever position she starts at, it's where she has to spend the night as there is no turning over without getting up. Feeling extends to where she can now feel her knees. She even insisted on washing some dishes last night but did it in 3 or 4 short sessions. We're aiming to be rid of the walker about the first of March and then just a cane after that. But despite how bad I make it sound, every day shows a slight improvement.

Martin

·
Columnist, Feature Writer
4,568 Posts
I'm glad she's improving. Every day I don't see a post from you I think of you both and know you must be busy.

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
glad too hear she is on the mend Martin! don't push not using the walker too much, better to rely on it to long than not enough! there is an all terrain walker that my gran used to get around gardening till she was 93, wish we had not let it go now!

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Improvement is Good!

Remember to treat her with as much (and more) love and tenderness than you give your tomato seedlings!;)

·
WV , hilltop dweller
3,613 Posts
Hey Tallpines....I hear where slightly cooler temps and passing a hand or such over the top portion of the plant(like ruffling hair)makes for stockier tomato seedlings !!! HehHehHeh...what husband dosen't occaionally "ruffle" the wife??!!

Being serious now, all the best to you and the Missus, Martin!! bee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts