Martians or not martians

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by greenboy, Dec 15, 2005.

1. greenboy

greenboy Well-Known Member

Do you believe in flying sources? I really want to know if you out in the country well if you ever saw something out of this world.

2. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

I am not so egotistical to think I am of the only sentient beings in this universe.

Did I really write that sentence??

3. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

I saw something "unusual" this summer. I know it wasn't man made. It went from 0 to a bazillion in about .0003 seconds! Definately not from this planet! The really wierd thing - it didn't freak me out the way I thought I would be if I ever saw a UFO.

4. Melissa

Melissa member

We have a really BIG GOD, I don't doubt that he could do anything He wanted to do. There is nothing to discount life in other galaxies. I often wonder if they did better than us...

5. Ed in S. AL

Ed in S. AL Well-Known Member

Well.... I don't know. When I was a young man, we were all at the drive in movie over in Gautier, MS. That night everyone in that drive in got out of their cars. There was this huge orange ball of light that moved from west to east directly behind the movie screen. Going very slow. Everyone was freaked out. The next morning is when the two fellers claimed to have been abducted on the Pascagoula River while fishing, which was only 3 miles from where we had all seen the light. Sometimes I wonder.

6. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

Maybe they did and that's why they haven't made any large scale or documented visits! They're just waiting for us to get our act together. ;)

7. Melissa

Melissa member

Maybe they have an Earth channel on their version of TV and use it to scare the little children into being good!!! LOL

8. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

I think they know that WE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! :D

9. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Hubby and I were at Montauk State Park last summer and were sitting by the fire and in the sky there were a couple of lights, that moved and circled each other in a way that we could not explain. They would hover and then move pretty fast in different directions. We went in a little while after that because it gave us the creeps.

10. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

According to some theories WE are aliens here on Earth.

11. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Sure I believe in space crafts from other worlds....

Why not...

I remember a few years ago, a small Alabama town was seeing lots of unexplained things at night. Dad got my girls, me, mom and himself and we drove an hour to see if we could see them.... and there was a crowd there wanting to see them.

the lights were shy that night.... we didn't see them.

Angie

12. woodspirit

woodspirit Well-Known Member

Oh definitely. I was abducted by three alien women. No...that was my dream. I was actually abducted by four women. They all smoked Lucky strike non-filters, and drank cold beer. They couldn't speak at all, and each wore a different colored thong, under long fur coats. I think they were here to take over the icelandic swimming team.

13. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

I saw one. I was on my way home from work. It was 11 PM on a foggy September night. I had some dip with his hibeams on riding my bumper. I turned my head so I would fry my retinas and I saw this triangular thing slowly circling the power wires. I rolled down the window and I didn't hear engine noise, like you'd expect to hear if it was an airplane as it was maybe 20 feet off the ground. It was about 120 feet across, completely black except for a red and a white light on it's wing tips. I got home and I was just babbling because I was so freaked...I never heard of anyone else seeing it though...

14. mom2girls

mom2girls mom2girls

Ten or so years ago, while living in England I was driving home with a friend late at night. In front of us there was a pyramid of light, four balls on the bottom, then three, then two, then one. IT was so odd. We both just sat staring, then it was gone. We both thought we were dreaming for a minute. I will never forget it. I was not scared though, just thought how strange it was.

15. georgiaattitude

georgiaattitude Active Member

Angie, was sitting here trying to think of that town's name. Was it Fyfe? I remember that when it was going on, that was the most people that little town saw. Oh, and yeah, we went, too. Didn't see any lights, just lots of people looking for the lights, lol.
    Nancy

16. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

GA-
    Yep it was Fyffe - we must have passed each other.....

It sure would have been something if they'd shown themselves.

Angie

17. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

maybee they are just waiting for the country to pay its debts there afraid well ask them for money

18. MOJILL

MOJILL Well-Known Member

Like most here - I believe the universe is way too big to discount other life out there.

If they are an advanced form - I wish they'd share some of their 'lessons learned" with us and spare us some heartache. :)

Jill

19. Chas in Me

Chas in Me Well-Known Member

Back in the 60's a few friends and I used to watch a pair of lights that never moved. It didn't matter what time of night it was, they were always in the same place. Might have been sattelites, might not. They didn't move with the normal rotation of the earth. After a few months, we just started forgetting to check. They just never changed.
    There were a lot of strange things back in the 60's though. LOL

20. woodspirit

woodspirit Well-Known Member

Although it is impossible to say that other life forms don't exist elsewhere and it is pretty much mathematically a certainty that life does exist elsewhere, there is no possible way that life can exist at the speeds necessary to travel the distances between stars. Lights at night in the sky do not equate to green men from mars.I think the question was phrased correctly in the beginning as "do you believe in flying sources?" I think they are almost all flying sources.
    Let's say for the sake of argument that beings visited earth from some other place. Do you remember when whites first discovered they weren't the first here in North America? The diseases almost wiped out the native peoples in the whole western hemisphere to a person. Many if not most tribes and nations were totally lost for all time. As soon as the first otherworldy being stepped off the ship we would pretty much be doomed to the same fate as the diseases would be so strange to life here. The pathogens wouldn't necessarily have to affect people. What if they only killed ceral grain plants or grasses or trees. How long would we last? Just a few questions to consider before considering the possibility of being visited by aliens. A worthwhile subject to discuss for sure, but there's a huge leap to go from seeing strange things in the sky at night to lifeforms from outer space visiting earth. IMHO