marshmellows

Discussion in 'Goats' started by cricket, Dec 28, 2004.

1. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

Can goats have marshmellows or will it give them too much sugar and gas?? Yes, I know it's odd.... I have some left over and was going to give them as a treat. I just don't want to give them something that will get stuck in their rumen and blow up. They already get left over nachos and apples and oranges but I've never given anything with loads of sugar in it.

Thanks

2. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Don't think marshmellows hurt but I only give a few of the mini ones now and then never a large one. If I had the large ones I would cut them up. Just my opinion. But no they sure don't need a whole lot of them at anyone time.

3. rio002

rio002 Well-Known Member

LOL our 1/2 nubian 1/2 pygmy goat (big like a nubian with a pygmy size brain) loves hard candy, course this is only a treat when he's out of the corral while we're doing yardwork........he comes up and "barks" for it, in 3 years he hasn;t had any problem with it, about 6 pieces and he'll start turning it down. Cute little critters aren't they? lol He has tried and loved cotton candy, pepsi, potato chips, and the occasional cigarette butt--these we try to keep away from him, but he'll try anything--hates ice cream. For those who say this is awful eating habits for a goat, like I said these have only been treats, small amounts and he gets regular grazing of grass hay, blackberries and the vines, some fruits and vegs. plus grain etc. :)