Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where do people market their hair sheep? I am in N.E OK and am wondering where I would sell the lambs. I am raising meat goats but am wondering if I should try to increase/ add hair sheep to the mixture if I find enough of a market. At this moment I don't have enough acarage for both sheep and goats but I might think of leasing land if I can make sheep and or goats pay.

Please give me ideas or sights to visit. I have seen the university(s) data on hair sheep but I have not known anyone to sell hair sheep in large quantities. Thanks all, Katharine Lankford

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks All,

I am greatful for the info. I have a small herd. 4 barbadoe ewes and their babies (4) that are 1/2 Katadin I also have 2 woolies that have 1 wool ram lamb. They seem to be hardier than my goats, but as I am just starting I have had many learning curves :no: .

I was just wondering if they (hair sheep lambs) would sell like the wollies and really produce a good carcass. I really like the hair sheep and think that they will be in demand in the future. I am glad to hear from other producers. All the best, Katharine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.