Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
just me
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have access to a manual or a guide for a wall oven for a trailer from the 80's (harvest gold if that helps date it). It's a Tappen Model U12-1239-26 with a seriel # of 01258-19384425. My guy can't find where the turn on is or anywhere on line with a fix it guide. We also have a hot water heater we need leads on a manual for, it's a Montgomery Ward 300 gas lined, 240 watts a/c Model #35012c e.c.o. We think the heating element may be bad in the hot water heater.

We are planning on replacing it all but the sooner we can get this at least patch worked working the sooner we can move. Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
Does anyone have access to a manual or a guide for a wall oven for a trailer from the 80's (harvest gold if that helps date it). It's a Tappen Model U12-1239-26 with a seriel # of 01258-19384425. My guy can't find where the turn on is or anywhere on line with a fix it guide. We also have a hot water heater we need leads on a manual for, it's a Montgomery Ward 300 gas lined, 240 watts a/c Model #35012c e.c.o. We think the heating element may be bad in the hot water heater.

We are planning on replacing it all but the sooner we can get this at least patch worked working the sooner we can move. Thanks

Let me see what I can find for you...

·
just me
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

U

·
0 Posts
I bought a house that had an old Jen Air range . There was a metal tag on it with model # ect. I couldn't find anything anywhere for that model # . Gave it to the junk man .

·
just me
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for trying. Eventually these will go too, the hot water heater will be replaced with tankless models we were just hoping to wait a wee bit.

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Generic Tappan manual:
http://www.appliancerepair.net/tappan-oven-stove-repair.html

Sears MIGHT have a manual kicking around in one of their repair shops. SAMS used to make manuals for a lot of appliances and electronics. Anything will be paper only that old.

Water heater elements are pretty generic and swappable, although removing one from a unit that old without popping rust or damaging might be hard. Monkey Ward went out of business long ago, but the water heater is likely a rebranded Rheem or other major maker.

·
just me
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may be missing a number in the nodel number, at least according to the guys from Sears Chat. I'm going up next week and will check again. Harry, that's a big help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts