Mantis or Red Ox Mini Tillers????:???

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by NWSneaky, Apr 20, 2005.

1. NWSneaky

NWSneaky Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience and opinion with either or both???

I rarely need a tiller with a weedless style garden but it would be handy sometimes.

2. suelandress

suelandress Windy Island Acres Supporter

I have a Mantis. It's the 2nd one of my lifetime, and I think they do a terrific job. However, they are a B*tc* to start! Still wouldn't trade mine :)

3. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I have one too, and it starts on the 4th pull every time. I turn the switch up by the handle to "Start", pull out the choke, prime it by pushing the little bubble/gas thingy (have no idea what that is called) three times, and then pull the cord three times...on the third pull, it acts like it is going to start. I then push the choke back in and give the cord another pull. It always starts on that pull. Oh, yeah, every time I pull the cord, I give it a little bit of gas with the throttle lever on the handle.

I love my Mantis!

4. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

Love our Mantis...works even here in rocky MO....used it to till in manure in our raised beds. Works great for digging tree planting holes....just kicks the rocks out. We've managed to round off one set of blades on rocks...had ours,at least 15 years and all we do is drain gas come fall,change spark plug yearly and put in fresh gas...it's a workhorse and well worth the money. DEE