Man Puts Pigs in Yard Over Zoning Request

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by John_in_Houston, Jul 28, 2004.

1. John_in_Houston

John_in_Houston Well-Known Member

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040727/ap_on_fe_st/pig_stink_2

PACE, Fla. - When neighbors raised a stink over Scott Teston's request to change his property's zoning from agriculture to business, he responded with a bigger one — he put 17 pigs in his yard.

Scott LaCoste moved his nearby construction company Monday because of the stench. Mary Preston wants to sell her home, but potential buyers flee when they get a whiff.

Santa Rosa County officials say the pigs are legal because the neighborhood is zoned agricultural.

2. OD

OD Well-Known Member

That reminds me of the saying that goes,"Be careful what you pray for because you may get it". They wanted to keep agricultural zoning & got their wish & now they don't want it anymore. You just can't please some people!!!

3. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

My brother was living in a hoity-toity waterfront neighborhood bordering rural land. The rural guy wanted his zoning upgraded so he could subdivide, but the county wouldn't do it. Guess what! Huge pigs! Cracked me up!

4. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

This happened in MN a few years ago. Guy wanted to get rezoned residential, as the suburbs had crept right up to the edge of his wooded ag zoned property. He responded with 300 pigs!