Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been making him some pants out of t-shirts that we do not wear anymore. I found the pattern online for free and made some up for him. It only took a few minutes. The hard part was putting the elastic in the waistband.

The basketball ones are fleece and I use them as a diaper cover and the other ones are from an old t-shirt. Really easy to make .
I looked online and found the pattern for these cute little pants to make for babies or toddlers that was made out of t-shirts. Well, I took that idea and used the pattern for some fleece diaper covers for my son also. I put elastic in the t-shirt pair , that are made from a t-shirt that my older son outgrew with a dragon down one leg and the other pair was made from some basketball patterned fleece that I got for $1.00 a yard at Wal-Mart a couple of years ago. Very cute fleece longies!!!!!

I love these pants so much that I am going to spend the day tomorrow making a bunch more!!

<a href="http://www.rookiemoms.com/make-some-easy-kids-pants/">Link to pattern for easy to make t-shirt pants</a>, use this for making fleece cloth diaper covers (fleece longies)!!!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
When my guys and girl were small, I had a multisized pattern (forget now which company, but it ran from 1 to 8 sizes) and we made 8 to 10 pair each fall, from either fleece and/or tshirts for wearing about the house and for pj's. They were great play pants on the farm and there were enough to always have some clean ones. Recycling saves so much and if you tell other's what you're up to, you can often net a bag of really nice usable 'hand me down's to use for fabric as well.

The elastic waists get easier the more you do... a nice little topstitch on the top side makes the elastic look professional and not roll about in the casing.

Congrats on your thrifty project!

dawn

·
Registered
204 Posts
Very nice! I had to make some pants for my toddler that would fit over her cloth diapers and it was SOOOO fun! Very addictive...

·
Incubator Addict
3,111 Posts
I have to combine two of my patterns so that I can put feet on the pajama bottoms I make for my daughter. They will keep her warmer through the winter, and I won't have to unzip and strip her to change her diaper. All of her feetsie pajamas now are one-piece outfits.

I don't mind threading wide pieces of elastic through a casing, but few things drive me crazier than trying to thread the tiny pieces through an equally tiny casing. Even using a safety pin, it takes me forever.

Kayleigh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts