Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.waltersgirlsfarm.com
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had 2 sets of twins today!! YAY!! One is being a bit slow commin around. I brought him inside and warmed him up. I am thinkin he might need a bottle or two to come around. I know there is a recipe for using regular cows milk can anyone give that to me? Thanks

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
1 gallon whole cows milk from the store
1 cup regular Buttermilk
1 can regular evaporated milk

Pour off enough whole milk to fit in the buttermilk and evaporated milk.

We gave ours straight whole milk before we knew they needed the extra fat in the diet.
DC

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
The recipe dragonchick listed works well, our one and only bottle baby did great on it. Just don't overfeed. Be sure they get their colostrum!

btw, hows the kid doing that had the fluid in it's lungs?

HF

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
The baby needs colostrum for the first day. Milk your does to get him a bottle. If he continues to be a bottle baby, whole cow's milk will suffice if your does aren't making enough milk to feed him.

·
www.waltersgirlsfarm.com
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far I think he is doing ok. Not sure if he has nursed yet he seems to try to nurse the hay. Not sure he has any smarts about him. His brother is smaller but doing great. My thought are that the bigger one was born first and while she was cleaning him off the second arrived so she focused on the last one and the first got cold. I keep checkin on him but his momma is the wildest nanny I have ever seen so I try to keep my distance a little so they dont get stepped on. She acts like a deer really jumpy. The baby with fluid in lungs passed away that night, but thanks for askin.

·
www.waltersgirlsfarm.com
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just went out to check the four newbies and they are all doing great! Wild momma was eating so I had the chance to check the boy out and he got up fine and is trying to suck!! They are so cute have one boy with a solid black head with a splash of white right in the middle of forehead. His brother is more traditional looking. The other set has a boy traditional, girl that looks like an oreo cookie. Solid red to her front legs. One front leg white one red. White in the middle and the Back half of her is solid red. Not very good on girl count but hey they healthy so far so cant complain!!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Can you post some pictures? We crave baby pictures in the worst way.
DC

·
www.waltersgirlsfarm.com
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did post pics but the post dissapeared. Went under my name and clicked find all threads and it was gone???? No Idea what happened to it. I know other people seen it bacause they posted on it.. Any ideas where it went??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts