make your own calendar

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Paul Wheaton, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Paul Wheaton

Paul Wheaton Well-Known Member

I had this program on my old DOS computer that would print calendars. It worked pretty good until the year 2000 when it couldn't do the moon stuff anymore. A few years ago I printed several years worth (moonless). And now that computer is in a less than functional state.

I suppose I could try to get it working and make more calendars, but it would be nice to have the moon stuff again.

I would guess that there would be some sort of freeware available somewhere.

Anybody know of something like this?

2. Gary in ohio

Gary in ohio Well-Known Member Supporter

Word has a calendar maker in it. Use the wizard to create a calendar.

3. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

If you have win3.1 thru winME, you should be able to run your old DOS program without a problem in a DOS window or boot to real dos (there is a way to do this in ME despite official claims to contrary). I've never tried it but supposedly there are tricks that allow you to do such under win2k and winXP although officially Big Bill says you cant. You can also create a small partition on your hardrive, format it with fat16 and install msdos6.22 or freedos or DRdos(free for personal use) and boot to this DOS partition when you want to run a dos program. Can probably also run on linux or other unix system with dos emulator.