Make 1000's of $$$ growing small plants

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by ladycat, Apr 24, 2006.

1. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

Hmmm. I clicked an ad at the top of the forum and landed HERE

For some reason I smell SCAM. :nono: I get this feeling it's some sort of deal where you give them money and they tell you how to get other people to give you money to get the same info you were given. Like a pyramid scheme, or a chain letter thing. Or something like that.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Whether it is a scam or not it has been around for many years, I saw this back in the 1900's.

3. MoonShine

MoonShine Fire On The Mountain

I'm not sure about that ad specifically,but I'm sure some are schemes. I saw one a few minutes ago,that said something like "Free John Deere Tractor,for doing survery". Also,saw one that was about hacking passwords to certain types of files...thought that one was kinda odd. I guess the ads come at random and I wouldn't trust anything asking for money,unless I had checked it out thoroughly.

4. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

That wasn't very long ago :p

5. bonsai jim

bonsai jim Well-Known Member

Nah, he sends you a free newsletter (I've been getting it for aobut 6-8 months) and there's a free downloadable book that basically teaches you how to take cuttings and what-not. It's not anything innovative. There's no real constant pitch in there - not what one would expect for the snake-oil appearance- he's got a few booklets for sale... I think a get out of debt system and weight loss...

jim

6. rwinsouthla

rwinsouthla Well-Known Member Supporter

Been getting his letters for about 5 years now. He used to have a message board similar to this one, only about plants and propogation. He still sells the plants that he roots, like $4 each every spring, but his real mission now is internet e-zines and articles and such. He wants to sell you what he knows. If you're into cloning, it's a good website, or used to be, but I think www.landspro.com has more details.