Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A U.S. based Web hosting firm that security experts say was responsible for facilitating more than 75 percent of the junk e-mail blasted out each day globally has been knocked offline following reports from Security Fix on evidence gathered about suspicious activity emanating from the network.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2008/11/major_source_of_online_scams_a.html

--
These people were in California! How did they get away with it for so long?!

·
Registered
293 Posts
modern technology, within an hour they were able to pull the plug on the whole operation.

amazing

simply amazing

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
yeah, but "michael vincent" still seems to have a job opportunity for me every single day. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
yeah, but "michael vincent" still seems to have a job opportunity for me every single day. :)

he's trying to hire you to look out for my credit card at chase that i don't even have but they think i need protection somehow.

·
Registered
916 Posts
This is truly good news to those of us who provide hosting and e-mail services to our customers.

The most asked questions telephoned in for support is "How do we get rid of this spam?" and "Why can't you do something about this problem?"

I was not aware that this company [creeps] was taken down but I did surely notice that my servers dropped in volume by about 56 % in a matter of hours.

Originally I thought that it was a DNS or IP error or routing issue that I had not noticed.

I went through all settings in the nameservers, routers and switches and couldn't find anything amiss.

I spent three hours looking for the reason in the drop in volume.

It was time well spent as I really needed to do it anyway.

Errors found=0
Spammers Killed=Priceless

Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts