Maisy had a girl....yipeeee!!!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Shazza, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

:) I have just helped my Saanen doe, Maisy deliver a huge girl. :hobbyhors
    Maisy is a real screamer and it is 10 pm here and a very still night....the whole valley heard her :rolleyes: She hasnt passed the after birth yet and I have bounced her and pretty sure there is only one. I will take piccies tommorrow...she has never raised her own babies so I dont think she will let her drink but I have given her Maisys colostrum. I am hoping if she wont let her drink I can still keep them together for her to teach her daughter all the goat things. :shrug:
    Very happy campers here...considering we were told that others were having single bucks... :dance:

Cheers

2. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Congratulations. I hope she will take this baby. Why has she turned all the other babies away? :shrug: I would really try unless you want to bottle feed. Do you have any pictures yet.

3. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats!

I have actually had a mommy that wouldn't let her daughter nurse *but* very much loved her baby...I kept baby inside our house at night for a week and mom took care of her during the day....by a week old baby was ok all night w/o bottle so she stayed with mom and got her bottle 3 times a day...baby learned to eat hay and grain much faster than fully separated bottle kids :)