Mainers-How Much Snow So Far?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by fin29, Dec 7, 2003.

1. fin29

fin29 Well-Known Member

We have about 15 inches, with some drifts that are about 3 feet high near the house. We're outside Augusta. What are you dealing with right now?

2. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

I'm in Talmadge, about an hour east of Lincoln. The snow started at midnight. We have about a foot.

We got a border collie pup from Puerto Rico in September. He's seen snow a couple of times but nothing like this morning. He went out to the porch, looked at my husband as if to say "you want me to pee WHERE?" and sat down. Steve had to let another dog out with him to get him off the porch.

We're toasty warm by the fire, critters are fed and tucked in for the day, and we'll be decorating the tree soon.

3. Quiver0f10

Quiver0f10 Well-Known Member

We are right outside of Caribou and we have @ 6 inches so far. It is still snowing and its very windy so we have a lot of snow drifts too.

4. I am too lazy tonight to Log In.. Hehe..

Here we have about 17-20" its hard to tell with all the drifting.. still snowing at the moment, started yesterday morning at 6:30ish. Stopped for about an hour around 3pm this afternoon..

West of Portland, real close to the NH border..

HTH..

JRich

5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

I'm guessing 18 to 20 inches, but with the drifts it's much more. We are in the south western area near the lake region.

Carole