Maine youth hunt Sat. 10/21

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by mpillow, Oct 20, 2006.

1. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

My son 12yo and daughter almost 11yo are going out to hunt deer tomorrow. :)

They have their gear bag, backpack and guncases all ready. Daughter is going to camp with Daddy and son is going w/Uncle to hunt at a dairy farm.

Both shoot .250 's. and reload own bullets for target shooting. If its brown-- its down....either sex deer allowed on youth day :)

Last night we had a hunting fashion show....Real Tree camo and Blaze orange seem to be in style this season :cool:

2. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

I took then 10 year old Taylor hunting. The first 10 minutes were great. Then she said, "They don't do it this way on tv." The second 10 minutes she was fidgety. "Look at the squirrel! It's cute! Did you see that bird? Where are the deer?" The last 10 minutes she was annoying. I don't know if she's going tomorrow but if she does, it's with her dad!

3. mpillow

LOL

My son snores in the treestand according to his Uncle!

4. pyrnad

pyrnad Well-Known Member

My DD is too old for youth day. I am feeling old. We have to wait til next week for Maine residents only.

5. MaineFarmMom

I have one who's too old too. She's 22. The youngest is 13 and none in between. Surprise! I'm told they're not hunting tomorrow because it's going to rain.

6. Ozarkguy

Ozarkguy Well-Known Member

Well dang! When I read that title ... :rolleyes: ... lemme see? We have a turkey hunt. A bear hunt. A deer hunt. Now they're out to thin down the children a tad? :nono:

Main Youth Hunt :rolleyes:

O.K. I was gone for a while. But I'm back now. :p

Ozarkguy

7. mpillow

Shay decided to hunt outback here in China....Daddy was not happy :nono: but no shots yet....its very windy today but not raining TG.
    She was up and dressed at 5am :angel:
    No word from my son yet w/ Uncle....

No need to thin the youth herd in Maine....there's more old folks than young ones...and the young ones mostly move away for work. :nono:

8. MaineFarmMom

My 10 year old neighbor shot the doe she's been watching for the last three weeks. She was done before 7 a.m.

9. mpillow

Cool!

Shay "forgot" to remove her gloves...had a doe at 30yds...no shot fired
    Daddy is wondering if she has blonde roots :rolleyes:
    They are napping but I'm getting ready to send them back out. :hobbyhors

No news from boy....

10. MaineFarmMom

A neighbor took his 11 year old granddaughter this morning. She wounded one but they couldn't find it. They were home for lunch when I saw them. Later this afternoon they went by with it in the back of the truck.

11. chrisnev

chrisnev Well-Known Member

Hey nice to see all the "Maineiacs" on here..My son went out with my DH who just had hip replacement so they couldnt go far...but he shot a partridge and was very excited over that...He came running in to show us and my daughter who is not into it at all screamed and ran!!!! He did a great job!! He cant wait till deer season Chris