Mailorder Herbs

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Gayle in KY, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

I'm needing some new herbs, since my herb bed has gone to pot (figuratively, not literally). The weeds have taken over. I want to make a raised bed for herbs and have some in pots, so I can bring them indoors in the winter. I'm particularly interested in medicinal herbs. What is a good, reliable source for plants?

2. Becky H.

Becky H. Well-Known Member

When we moved from Calif to Miss. I didn't take all my plants with me, and I missed them! So when time came I ordered a whole bunch from this place. They come in itty bitty pots, all the plants were healthy. I ordered some jewelry from them too. If I could afford I'd order a whole bunch of each from them, as they have quite a selection. I still don't have as many plants as I did in Calif but I'm still working on it. http://www.herbfresh.com/ They are an expensive supplier but I trust them to give me the plant that I order they seem to be reliable with that.

3. healing herbals

healing herbals Pam in OK

Gayle,
    You might want to post this on the barter board, first. No telling what you might come up with. I have traded for herb plants
    Pam

4. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

That's a good idea, Pam. I'll figure out what herbs I'd like most, see what I have to trade (even if it's money), then post over there.

5. skruzich

skruzich Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I will have some various herbs ready for sale around august/september. Of which right now i have sweet basil, sage, parsley, along with lavendar that will be ready by them. Tell me which herbs you are looking for. I am growing more and more every day, and plan on having my greenhouse full of all kinds of herbs, medicinal as well as culinary by december.
    I am supplying my local health food stores with fresh herbs this fall, as well as dried herbs. I also will be having some stevia leaf to sell hopefully this fall.