Mail order tree suppliers?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by RyleeM, Dec 18, 2004.

1. RyleeM

RyleeM Active Member

Where is a good mail order tree company? I live in Nebraska, and I need to order quite a few trees for our new five acres! Where do I get them?

2. jwulf

jwulf Member

I've had good mailorder success with Musser (www.musserforests.com). Everything I've gotten has been healthy and as-advertised.
    If you have a large order you might want to try and find a tree farm or wholesaler near you; you can same some big bucks that way.

I was putting in a bunch of white pines and wanted some older (balled) ones to get started with. Found a local Christmas tree farm that had them for about 60% less than any of the local nursuries!

-jwulf
    jwulf@cinci.rr.com

3. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Be sure to check with your extension office to see if you have a state forrester and if you can buy through them. They may not have what you are looking for, but if they do they should be about as cheap as you can possibly get.

Check soon as Kansas nearly always sells out some varieties early. Orders probably go in right away too.

Think shrubs too, such as lilacs, chokecherries, plums, etc.

4. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

5. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

We got our fruit trees from Stark Bros. A few died but they gave us a credit. I pruned them yesterday and all are growing well now. We have had good luck with the apricots but the rest are slow to fruit. Next year will be their 3rd year on our place and we bought 2 yr old trees. Good luck.