Mahindra tractors - any experience?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Michael W. Smith, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

We had a new (well, in fact, it's the only) tractor shop open in our town this year. Along with the Cub Cadet brand, they also have Mahindra brand tractors.

We've dealt with Cub Cadet as 13 years ago we bought a brand new garden tractor from a dealer in another town. I think it was a lemon as every single year, something major has gone wrong with it. The one time right after the warranty expired, a part had broke and I called Cub Cadet directly explaining that I had heard the part that broke I had heard they had alot of trouble with. They pretty much agreed that, yes, there was a problem with the part, but no, they still would do nothing for us. I told them then and there that I would never buy another Cub Cadet product.

Not hearing of Mahindra tractors, I stopped by the new dealership. They are apparently made in India, but are excellent tractors. There is no problem getting parts for them either. They are big sellers down south, but up north here in the U.S. they just haven't caught on yet.

My father-in-law stopped by the John Deere dealer in another town to look at tractors there. When he asked about Mahindra, he was told that it was very hard to get parts for it. I've also heard this from a small engine repair guy.

My questions:

Is there any truth to trouble of getting parts?
    Any experiences with Mahindra - good or bad?
    Does anybody here own one - would you buy another one?

Ok, what do you guys have to say?

2. backachersfarm

backachersfarm Well-Known Member

My husband and I bought a new one a little over a yr ago. We have a small farm wherewe raise sheep and hay. They gave us what we thought was a good deal on this tractor. They sold it to us with a 2 yr interest free loan. Mark loves it. There was an adjustment that had to be made on it after the first couple of months. The dealer came out the next day and fixed it. We live 45 mi from the dealer. I'm afraid I can't help you with the parts thing, because we havent' needed any parts. We do bail a lot of hay with this thing and it has done fine. Price wise...it was the best deal we found....and we looked at them all.

Sharon

3. Travis in Louisiana

Travis in Louisiana Clinton, Louisiana

The Mahindra is the sam as the old "International Harvestor" tractors. IH sold all its old tractors dyes to a company in India. My brother-in-law just bought a brand new one and loves it. I have the old IH 444 diesel. Parts are interchangable mostly. The mahindra place where I get parts seems to have a good supply of parts.

4. oldudbob

oldudbob Member