·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kills them ?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Where are your maggots? Are they in the feeder or the cage or on the floor? If in the feeder, empty it and wash it out with a good bleach/water solution, rinse it out with clear water and then set in the full sun for a day. If they are on the floor, you can again, wash it with bleach water and rinse it, with clear water, or if you can shovel them up, and if you have any birdy type critters,they would appreciate the free meal!

I have found them in a couple of my feeders about every other day IF I don't wash those 2 feeders out particularly well. I'm not exactly sure why those 2 are the ones picked on, but I'm glad its ONLY those 2 and not my whole herd of them.

Someone else may come along with better information, but I hope this helps until they do. :)

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the Bunny :Bawling:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hydrogen Peroxide will drive them out of the wound quickly. Make sure you check carefully to be sure you get them all. Good luck, flystrike is a killer, and nasty. :grump:

Lisa at Somerhill

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far she is OK. I got all I could out and I will shave her tonight to make sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Oh good! Once I know they are gone, I've put neosporin on the wound. Poor thing, this awful heat, and now this! Let us know how she does.
Lisa

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She ate and drank yesterday today she does not want to eat. I gave her sub q fluids and b vitamins. She is inside. She is still peeing and pooping. I gave her some nutri drench also.

Patty

·
Registered
355 Posts
Patty, wondering how your bunny is doing. I ended up putting mine to sleep a couple of days ago because of this. She was not a meat rabbit, but a pet and old. It was not something I could take care of, they must have been there a couple of days only, but I couldn't believe the harm they caused her. I'm just heartbroken and didn't want her to suffer.

So, it makes me wonder how yours is doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts