Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know which magazines you subscribe to. We own a business and advertise in several magazines. We are thinking of doing more advertising and would like to reach the most people.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
carole in ky said:
I would like to know which magazines you subscribe to. We own a business and advertise in several magazines. We are thinking of doing more advertising and would like to reach the most people.

Thanks in advance.
Countryside, and Small Farmers Journal

·
Sunny, Wet, Tornadoey SD!
436 Posts
CountrySide and Backwoods Home. Just an added note, I no longer read Mother Earth News...It got way to yuppified for me.

·
Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs
3,736 Posts
CountrySide, Sheep, Small Stock, Yankee, Vermont Life, Time, Business 2.0, PC World, Mac Magazines (several), Woodworking magazines (many), The Economist, Prospect (out of the UK), American Heritage, Smithsonian...

uh.. and several others. Hun. Well, that explains the recycling issue...

·
Registered
561 Posts
I don't know what you're advertising but there is new magazine for Canadian farmers, its called Small Farm Cananda. First issue put out in July/Aug.
Also Backwoodsman magazine, Hobby Farms,and Harrowsmith Counrty Life.

·
Registered
500 Posts
carole in ky said:

Thanks in advance.
Farming Magazine published in Mount Hope Ohio

·
Banned
30,992 Posts
Countryside, Backwoods Home, MEN (will NOT renew), Practical Horseman, The Horse, and Country Living.

Stacy in NY

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I'll add Small Farm Today to the list. I also agree about NOT renewing MEN. What a joke. That is a shame because about a year ago, I found several isues to have some really useful stuff. Somehow, their emphasis shifted to celebrities.
Tana Mc

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Countryside, Backyard Living, Birds & Bloom, Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Just Cross Stitch, Good Housekeeping, Better Homes and Gardens, First, Oprah, Dirt Bike Rider, Trail Rider and Readers Digest.

Some of these have been gifts from relatives for Xmas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jackie c said:
I don't know what you're advertising but there is new magazine for Canadian farmers, its called Small Farm Cananda. First issue put out in July/Aug.
Also Backwoodsman magazine, Hobby Farms,and Harrowsmith Counrty Life.
I know about Small Farm Canada. We have advertised in there twice. I think it is an excellent magazine. I especially like their section on making things.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Countryside
Christianity Today
The Progressive (cool magazine)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Gardening How-to (National home gardening club), WORLD, Decision (Billy Graham), Discipleship Journal, Countryside, Mother Earth News, Discover for Kids, Rod & Custom, Hot Rod, and probably another "car magazine". My personal favorites are Countryside and WORLD.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Countryside is the only one right now. Last year we gave up on MEN after more than a decade of subscription.

·
Just living Life
8,280 Posts
OK,, lets see,, Normally Countryside,, but did not renew it because of the move,, but will need too soon.

Rural heritage, Small Farmers Journal, Hobby Farm (I know, kind'a slick but it does have its good points), Draft horse journal (Don't work big Chunks/drafts anymore but enjoy reading about them),there is one other,, I know,, silly I can't remember it.

I also gave up on MEN many years ago, just didn't like it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts