Made in the USA???? NOT!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by BJ, Dec 26, 2006.

1. BJ

BJ Well-Known Member

Today as I was cleaning up the house and putting things away after the crazy Christmas festivies....I started looking at the gifts we had received just to see where they were made. I was shocked :eek:

The new Weber grill cover made in Taiwan, my new towels from JC Penney's made in Mexico, the Polinex shower head from China, my perfume and new "Sears" vaccum from the UK, my new flannel sheets are from Turkey and even the chocolate dipping sauce for my strawberries was from Canda!! :grit:

The only things I found from the U.S.A. were DH's new Carhartt coveralls, hat, and gloves.....and the chocolate chip cookies from my kitchen!! :happy:

It's no wonder times are so bad for some families....no mills or manufacturing businesses have survived this terrible economy. We don't make anything anymore and the farmers are turning their land into subdivisions. Who will feed this country when the older generation of farmers is gone? :confused:

2. crazyeights

crazyeights Well-Known Member

Now you have me checking. So far the only thing I have come across that was made in the USA is my son's Weird Al cd. Funny thing is, it's also the only thing that was bought at Walmart! LOL

Debi

3. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Like my apple juice,made in China!!!!!!
    Wont be buying any more of that,now Im closely checking my food labels.

Beyond politics,what protection is there that the food isnt dosed to death with pesticides not allowed here.

BooBoo

4. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

Almost all kids toys are made in China and if not there then Taiwan. It is one of my DH biggest rants! He tries to convince me to never buy China made products cause they break fast, but like I told him, I wouldnt be buying much then. It is a travisty that our labor is being out sourced to foreign countries. The quality of products has deteriorated along with it.
    Ita a REAL shame!