Machinery and Shop Talk forum

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ross, May 13, 2004.

1. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

REPOST from the Admin forum:

Do we need a Machinery and Shop Talk forum? I worry sometimes we're diluting the Homesteading board too much pulling out so many specialized boards. In fact I said it about the board I moderate for the record! Still the specialized boards do seem to work, so how about a machinery and shop talk board? Nominations for moderator or volunteers would be appreciated; I'd rather not take on another board but will or will co-moderate (its not that bad a job) if someone wants help. The job should go to someone who will pick up unanswered threads, and offer new topics now and then when things slow down. The technical side is not that hard and you can ask for help. What do you think??

2. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

I like the idea of another forum offshoot, that way the people who are interested in that certain topic can easily find it.. I do not believe it dilutes the overall forum at all. As for moderating....... at least a person oughta know something about the forum they are moderating right? If need be i would be willing to co-moderate as i am not as available as i once was.... but i seem to be around almost daily.

William

3. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    I can understand the need for such a forum, it would need to cover such as blacksmithing, welding, vehicle repair, small engins, farm equipment, swimming pool pumps, aluminum casting, scissor sharpening, wrought iron creation, home built radios, rewireing a lamp, changing chains on a manure spreader, the list is endless. With our vast membership there is no question too odd or hard to answer.

4. Hate the City

Hate the City Member

I think it would be a great idea! I don't believe it will dilute any forum in general, I have x amount of time during different parts of the day to sit and read and it is much more effective if the general postings are group by subject to find the info I need or question I am qualified to assist in.

Tracy