Lymphoma??

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by MissKitty, Nov 7, 2005.

1. MissKitty

MissKitty Mrs. no longer OldGrouch.

Have any of you had any experience with lymphoma????,,,Our little 13 month old :( heifer had to be put down this afternoon due to it...I did not know cows got cancer...I am very sad but at least she is not hurting...MissKitty

2. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

Yes cows can get cancer, and I think they can get lymphoma. Sending the growth off of the heifer we have to cornell to see what it is. Appears to be a benine tumor, but we shall see. But they can get cancer. Heck chickens can get it, etc etc etc.

Jeff

3. MissKitty

MissKitty Mrs. no longer OldGrouch.

Jeff do you have any websites I can read on this subject...I have found some but I need some with just plain simple talk...From what I read it can run in herds and is relatived to the BLV virus...I never knew that cows got cancer...knew chickens could due to working QA in a chicken plant...Thanks..MissKItty

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

No, sorry dont have any sites. I would be subject to searching on www.google.com for Lymphoma in cows, or cows with cancer etc.

Jeff

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

6. Jennifer L.

Jennifer L. Well-Known Member Supporter

In years past we had a couple of cows die of this, but fortunately I haven't seen any here in the past 10-15 years. It's really the only cancer I've seen for sure in the cattle here, although I suppose they may be able to get other kinds besides lymphoma.

Jennifer