Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Animal Addict
12,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a sufferer of Chronic Lyme (diagnosed about 5 years after being infected), I am on hyper alert for things that people describe that could be attributed to Lyme; heart dysrythmias, mood swings, fatigue, headaches, muscle pain, fevers, exhaustion, insomnia...and the list goes on and on. Lyme is called the Great Imitator because it mirrors so many things, such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, MS...in fact, some of these happen BECAUSE of the Lyme. Lyme is not the only thing brought about by a tick bite, there are countless other infections called Co-Infections that exist alongside the Lyme "bug." Until pretty recently, Lyme was overlooked as a "real" diagnosis, now scientists have no choice but to acknowledge it with thousands and thousands of new cases coming to their attention yearly. There is no such thing as a "state that doesn't have Lyme," and don't let your doc tell you differently. Ask for two different blood tests; the ELISA as well as the Western Blot to rule out Lyme, do not just go on one negative from one test. I would also like to note that I never, ever had a "bulls-eye" rash, or even saw the little bugger that got me; they claim the Bulls Eye is the definitive Lyme marker, when in fact almost 60% of people never get it. Here is a link to a pretty good site regarding this little understood disease. With our "outdoor" and "woodsy" lifestyle, any one is at risk. I urge you to read this at your leisure to arm yourself with knowledge. My brain is seriously "not right," my joints are in a constant state of pain and swelling, and I do not know what it is like to not be tired...and I have gone through all the antibiotics, the IV antibiotics and so forth. Rapid early detection is the only hope, and don't forget that you can show symptoms NOW from a bite you got in the Spring. But if you are Chronic or later stages, there IS something you can do to combat this.

Here is the link for anyone who might be interested. Again, I urge you to take a minute and read it. If anyone is interested and doesn't want to read this, I can post a longer more thorough list of symptoms, this linked list doesn't really even begin to cover the things that Lyme can do, but it's a good start. I will be happy to copy and paste "the definitive" list, but it is long and I would ask admin permission first.

I am also open to any and all questions you might have about the disease. The only ones who have had it worse then me were confined to a wheelchair ( a wheelchair or walker were next on my list, thank goodness we were able to stop the progression).

http://arthritis.webmd.com/tc/lyme-disease-symptoms

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I have had some "mystery illness" for about 4 years now. Originally thought to be Lyme, then thought not to be. Docs are trying to treat symptoms, but I think they are missing something.
OK, don't think I'm a nut, but I have been doing hours of reading about something called MMS, discovered by a guy named Jim Humble. If you do a google search you will find a lot of information. I ordered it, so did Dad, I for one can Not Wait to try this.
I have even included a link in my signature now, I am so convinced the whole world needs to take a look at this.
This man has treated thousands of malaria patients, in hours they are well. Lyme is another one!

google "mms humble" and read

1 - 2 of 2 Posts