Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
We get to see at around 7:30 p.m. in Australia. It's the last days of winter here, but unseasonable warm, so were going to have a barbeque dinner and really enjoy it....
pity I'm on duty from 11:00 p.m. though - be sort of an anti-climax to the night.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,609 Posts
Well is anybody staying up for the total lunar eclipse?? It is about 11:45 p.m. P.D.T. here on the West Coast and the moon just cleared the tall trees to the Southeast of the house. There is no fog above the coast and it should be quite the light show starting around 1:30 a.m. local time. Now to figure out what to listen to while I am enjoying mother nature's light show!! I still have about 2 hours to decide before going back outside to watch the event..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Have about 2 hours to go here in Central Cali till the show starts, I’m staying up. Starts at 1:51 our time.

And RadioFish, I believe Pink Floyd is the right music, Dark Side of the Moon.’

Kris

·
Semper Fidelis
4,609 Posts
KrisW - I posted that choice of "Dark Side Of The Moon" on another forum, but a little too obvious. I do live in Northern Humboldt County - wink, wink, nudge, nudge... I may go with Pink Floyd's "The Wall", or maybe some Frank Zappa such as "Apostrophe/ Overnight Sensation". A little over an hour to go till the show begins!!!

edited to add: Maybe Creedence Clearwater Revival's - "Bad Moon Rising?" :baby04:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Only 55 minutes or so to go here.
You may be right Dark Side might be to obvious, might listen to Comfortably Numb instead ….. Still think Pink is the way to go here …

Kris

·
Living in the Hills
4,537 Posts
Well, the laram went off, I am wide awake. The fog is so thick I canm barely see my neighbors house. I don't think I will wake the children, they've seen fog before. :) So, anything exciting on the forums I am missing?

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
Wouldja believe it!? 7/10 cloud cover - but a small gap appeared where we could see it for a short time. Kids were very impressed - asked when the next one was coming - (LOL There are things that dad doesn't know). The F/A-18's flying exersizes tonight probably got a closer view.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
No clouds here, but the color is less than I expected based on past shows. Here it is high in the sky (if southward) but appears far away and is a sort of reddish brown.

Time now 3:18, about midway through the darkest point.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I got up at 4:30 a.m. (my regular time, just a lucky coincidence), and it was just starting. Checked it every 10 minutes or so. It looked like a bite being taken out of the moon! At 6:00 I woke my son up, and when we went outside it was completely covered and red! Unfortunately, he wasn't that impressed. His comment was, "Yeah Mom, I can watch this on the internet a thousand times without standing outside, freezing in my pajamas and getting my feet wet!" Well, at least one of us was impressed! :) It sunk behind the treeline shortly after, so we didn't get to see it reappear. Sorry some of you were thwarted by clouds!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I left the house at 5:20 this morning, and was able to see it low on the horizon today. At first, I wasn't sure if it was an eclipse or clouds, but then I saw a faint outline of the missing piece. I heard about the eclipse yesterday, but didn't think it would be visible from the east coast.

·
Green Woman
1,957 Posts
Got up at 3:30am (the goats were yelling and one had it's head stuck)...

Anyway. Got to see her eclipse from beginning to completely obscured.

Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

I was glad I didn't miss this one and the sky was completely clear here in Indiana.

She "disappeared" when the sun came up and she slid low to the West and South but it was simply lovely...

·
Semper Fidelis
4,609 Posts
Well I just woke up after staying up after 4 a.m. P.D.T. to watch the eclipse.. It was a nice sight and where I am located at the moon looked to have a reddish orange color to it during the full eclipse. Luckily, no fog here right above the ocean for once!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.